Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought some beef liver today and WOW, these things are huge. They are almost the size of cow tongues!! :eek:

IMO, they smell a lot more than the chix liver. My hands still smelled after I washed and washed them.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I know that a common way to remove garlic smell from your hands is to wash with something made of stainless steel. Rub it on your hands just like you would a bar of soap. I don't know if it would work with this, but if it can remove that over-powering garlic smell, it might be worth a try. :smile:

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
your beef liver was almost the size of a cow tongue? i cut up both today and I swear, the beef liver was at least 2 times bigger than cow tongue though admittedly not as thick. I chopped them into portion sizes and shoved them into a million and a half (or so it seemed at the time) gallon-sized freezer bags.

·
Registered
71 Posts
While I'm still getting over the trachea, I will have to deal with some beef kidney today. Yuck. Some jobs call for latex gloves!

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
I prefer pork livers to any other because they are a reasonable size to work with, not too big, not too small.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Didn't somebody with knowledge say on here that of all the livers to feed chicken was the best one to feed because it had the most or best nutrients?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't somebody with knowledge say on here that of all the livers to feed chicken was the best one to feed because it had the most or best nutrients?
I don't know if it chicken liver is the best or not, but I prefer to give him a variety. :smile:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts