Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The more people we reach, the more chance that he will have to become the bullie that he is supposed to be! I am told that he needs extensive dentle work done, and the obvious, he needs to gain a TON of weight! Below is a chipin account if you think that you could help support financially (every penny counts on this one!) Thanks Guys!

ChipIn: Yoda

Here is the write-up posted on petfinder.com

Please consider helping poor Yoda out. Yoda is a 6yr old Bull Terrier that will need extensive dental work, all his canines are broken off and has years of tarter build up on all teeth. His ears are blooding from fly strikes. Yoda was infested with ticks and fleas when picked up from his 'owner'. Yoda is also infested with worms which he is being treated for. Yoda is at least 20lbs underweight. You can clearly count ribs and vertebre down his spin. Yoda has been cleared from his flea & tick infestation, is being wormed for the next three days. Yoda has been living outside and clearly neglected for quite some time, he will be a happy healthy dog again. If you can find it in your heart to help sponsor his medical expenses I know Yoda will be forever greatful. Yoda is a very sweet dog, has been very tolerable of all that has been done to him so far. Thank you from Yoda and all the bullies in need.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just wanted to update a little on Yoda.
I just talked to the lady that has been caring for him and she said that he has gained a ton of weight, his skin is clearing up well and he is a very gentle dog. He aparently loves to be around people and has played with one of her dogs well so far. He has really come out of his shell and should be ready for a new home in a couple of months. He still needs heartworm checks, shots, meds and neutering though. This guy has come a long way in a short time but still has a way to go! :)
Happy endings are fun to watch! I will update again later!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congrats on your success with Yoda-another one of the lucky ones! Hope he comes through the rest of his checks & rehabilitation well.
We had a 3 littermates (irish setters) that were severely malnutritioned turned into our rescue group recently, so sad to see them in that condition, even just seeing pictures of them so thin just makes you speechless. Thankfully-with help & love & patience from others-they are all doing better and finding new homes. Yoda is again one of the lucky ones-don't think you said how old he is but he'll surely find someone to share his life with-thanks to you & your rescue group!
:smile:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys,
Yoda is doing very well and is working on going to his new home. Thanks for everyones support, even if it was just good thoughts and well wishes! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys,
Yoda is doing very well and is working on going to his new home. Thanks for everyones support, even if it was just good thoughts and well wishes! :)
Thank you for saving that poor little guy. I hate people who neglect and abuse animals esp. dogs, cats and horses - any animal really even fish.

I have 2 rescues one a definite starvation case and neglect case. I don't get it, how can anyone with the financial resources most people have watch any animal slowly starve to death or become a dejected sick dog tied out in the yard. Man, it really pisses me off so much. I monitor various lists and am not surprised any longer at how arrogant many people are of their abused dogs [or like the people who just gave away a Mastiff here who had incurable kidney failure due to neglect - the rescue tried to save him but to no avail]. humanity lacks humanity. :frown:Then they wait for others who are decent caring people to do mop up duty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts