Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone be interested in writing for the PMR.com blog? We sometimes struggle to come up with articles on our own and I'd LOVE to inject some fresh perspective into the site.

Topics wouldn't HAVE to be strictly about raw feeding (but I'd prefer to keep them mostly on topic).

Thoughts? Ideas??

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I've never been much of a creative writer but i could probably brainstorm some ideas for articles :lol:

·
Registered
532 Posts
I would love to write but I'm only on day 3 of raw with Wallaby... Sooo not much to say, unless y'all are interested in a poop journal.
But I will go through it and try to think of what I'd like to see on the blog/site.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would love to write but I'm only on day 3 of raw with Wallaby... Sooo not much to say, unless y'all are interested in a poop journal.
But I will go through it and try to think of what I'd like to see on the blog/site.
You know, a poop journal wouldn't be a bad idea :biggrin: We have the poop post already but it wasn't as good as it could have been :wink: I've thought about fasting one of our Danes for a day, feeding 1 PMR meal and documenting the poop, then fasting again and feeding 1 high quality kibble and documenting the poop...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Think of something with photography and raw. I can do that... but I can not write!! I can take pics of poop, or take pics of meals etc. I am sorry if I am no help!

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'm going to be making a video soon of me preparing and feeding the girls' their meals. Of course I will post it, and of course anyone is welcome to use it :)
hcdoxies - I would love to see a post about how you feed your tiny dogs on raw. Even if it was mostly photos, it would be great contrast amongst all the danes eating large animal carcasses.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I have a poop comparison picture (I posted in the poop thread here) you are more than welcome to use on the blog....it's from the same dog different days after she got ahold of some left over kibble.

Reactions: jdatwood

·
Registered
921 Posts
I'm not a great writer, but let's see...

I guess there are already similar articles out there but maybe you could have some, on the anatomy of a dog, what makes them carnivores. How they digest proteins and fats versus carbs. How the bacteria in raw meat ins't problem due to dogs having lysozyme and whatnot.

You could even make one (or a few) on kibble/canned listing and describing ingredients, what to look for, what to avoid. Ooh, and you can make one comparing animal v.s plant proteins :biggrin1:, I've been wanting to do a bit o'research on that, to be able to back-up claims, but been too lazy.

Other than that, hmm I could get some photos of the trio eating raw I suppose.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Thought of two posts I would LOVE to see:

-kong stuffers
there have been a few forum posts on this but I would love to see a post about raw kong stuffer ideas. Not sure if you guys use them or not but something for one of us to think about. Wallaby LOVES his kongs... maybe down the road I would be able to put together a post on his favorite stuffers.

-gorge meals
obviously you guys have experience with this, and have posted on it before, btu a bit about how beneficial it is to the dogs, how you prepare for it, more info, etc.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I write well about my own experiences. I do not write instructions well. I can be the voice of the anxiety, the fear, the thrill of the hunt for meat sales, the craziness at the store when going for the first time, (and second, and third, and fourth), the excitement over dog poo, the gloating, the mistakes, the embarrassment, the questions, the insults, etc....I can write about that.

If that's what you want, I can write that all day long. I don't know if that's what you want. You've seen my posts...my stories...if that's what you want, I'll get to writing. If not, no harm, no foul.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
SerenityFL....I would LOVE for you to write a post on your whole experience with raw feeding. Your posts always bring a smile and a laugh to the boards!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
SerenityFL....I would LOVE for you to write a post on your whole experience with raw feeding. Your posts always bring a smile and a laugh to the boards!
A post...am I going to have a word limit 'cause I can get wordy....in case you hadn't noticed. Or is it possible to break them up in to several posts? Tell me what you want and if I have to edit myself, (no easy task I tell ya...in writing...in person I hardly speak at all but put me to a keyboard...blah, blah, blah!), I'll edit myself. Let me know what you want, what you have in mind.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I might be able to come up with a blog or two. If I find myself with some spare time and motivation, I'll type something up and send it your way.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I could try (I say try) writing is not my strong point, and do you a piece on how dog are not humans how the differ. ie. things like energy use from foods, how the view treats (and how the aint' a chocolate bar). I will try and think of something less heavy and more fun. But that is probably best done from others :))

·
Registered
532 Posts
Thought of two posts I would LOVE to see:

-kong stuffers
there have been a few forum posts on this but I would love to see a post about raw kong stuffer ideas. Not sure if you guys use them or not but something for one of us to think about. Wallaby LOVES his kongs... maybe down the road I would be able to put together a post on his favorite stuffers.

-gorge meals
obviously you guys have experience with this, and have posted on it before, btu a bit about how beneficial it is to the dogs, how you prepare for it, more info, etc.
...I just realized/remembered you guys JUST wrote a post on gorge meals with some great info... :crazy:

·
Registered
512 Posts
hcdoxies - I would love to see a post about how you feed your tiny dogs on raw. Even if it was mostly photos, it would be great contrast amongst all the danes eating large animal carcasses.
Will do! Will probably happen in a few weeks - hubby and I have a staycation together in which our son will be staying with Grandma and Nana.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts