Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thawing three one gallon bags of meat in the sink (pork,turkey,chicken) and then transferring them in a tupperware container to put in the fridge. I do this every two days or so. Could I just pack the meat straight into the tupperware containers and freeze those. If it works it will save me from spending a fortune on ziplocks and be much less messy!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
If thats what's easiest on you then do it. I pack my dog's meals into a gallon zip lock and then each meal I take the next meal out of the freezer and put it in a tupperware container on top of the freezer to thaw for the next meal. I reuse the gallon ziplocks about 3 or 4 times or until they get a hole in them.

If your way is easiest on you, the go for it. You can do away with the ziplocks if you wish. :smile:

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Yep, I reuse my ziploc bags all the time, just wash and let them dry. I'd say 3 times before they get a hole, but I always test them as I'm washing them. Fill them up with warm soapy water and zip them up and then I let them sit for 20 min. or so and rinse out real good.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I usually just put the meat in a storage bag (non zip) since they are way cheaper. I get the 100 bags for $3 type. I also use my extra grocery bags when I come from the store. I can put 1-2 meals per grocery bag and stick it in the freezer. Thats how I do it, but the tupperware would work too if that is what you want to do. I just find that bags store smaller in the freezer/frige. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts