Dog Food Chat banner

Why not?

28K views 187 replies 30 participants last post by  CorgiPaws 
No offense taken! For me, at this point, since I'm "kinda" looking into it, it's a matter of laziness. Kibble is just easier to scoop out and put down on the floor. And, it seems like a lot of work to figure out what to get when feeding raw.... this could be wrong but I'm real confused. I didn't think bones were good for dogs and yet it's ok for them to eat chicken necks (??) And, then, when I think about it there's the mess raw chicken makes and I'd be constantly cleaning. (And, they (I don't know who they are) always say clean your hands after handling chicken before handling any other food, bla, bla, bla. So, what does that do to my floor?) These are just a few of my concerns. Don't knock me cuz I want to feed kibble :smile: and when these bouts of diarrhea (or something) come about my first inclination is to change kibble until it stops. AND, I have a small home and wouldn't have the room to freeze whatever it is they will eat and then package it for them. Kibble is just a "neater" package at the moment. It's simple and fast. I like neat, simple and fast.

I applaud all of you who go raw. I'm sure it is the best way to go. Just not sure I want to mess w/it. CHANGE IS HARD and kibble is easy.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. I wouldn't know if they were getting the right percentages of what they need, i.e. vitamins, etc. to be healthy.

Just my opinion for me. :biggrin:

I'm sorry for that experience you had, but you can't judge all vets based on a couple bad one's. My Vet is an exellent Vet and I trust her with my dogs life.
They are just like any doctor or mechanic. You have to find the right one.
There are good people out there who care.

We can go on and on. This is quite the controversial subject.
OK.... here's my 3 cents worth. I have to say I'm not as knowledgeable as alot of you all but I can attest to that "most" vets know absolutely nothing about nutrition. Recently, I got into a conversation w/a new vet I went to and I knew more than him and I'm just learning. I also gave him this website... hopefully, he's using it. (Also, my other vets didn't know anything either... which is very sad as so many people think their word is gospel!:frown:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.