Dog Food Chat banner

Why not?

28K views 187 replies 30 participants last post by  CorgiPaws 
I think people are strictly looking for convenience, I knew that I would have to go raw with my BT's, it was a matter of getting all the stuff I needed first. I bought them their own freezer, 40lbs of chicken backs(they won't eat them so i have 20 ibs left) stocking up on other stuff,like heart, liver venison, pork roast etc, I just like to be prepared. But, when I suggest to my friends and family that they should go raw for different health reasons, they think I'm crazy no matter what I say to back it up. I love my dogs and would do anything for them, especially if it means prolonging their life.

Theres nothing wrong with giving them some fruit and veggies for snacks or treats, they just aren't going to get anything nutritional from it. My BT's love to have a piece of apple when I have one, or some carrots.

No, unless he has health issues you haven't stated., breeders start their babies on raw diets all the time.

I don't really know how much of a problem you'd have after the initial introduction of raw feeding. My dogs eat their food so quickly, it's gone in a matter of a few minutes, but I do feed them chicken wings instead of the larger cuts of chicken quarters. Tell me raw feeders, just how long does it take for your dogs to finish their meals?

Are you sure you can't find a dog food raw feeding co-op. I thought I had exhausted all possibibilities in my area, and I contacted radcat because I wanted to buy duck necks in bulk from them and she turned me on to a co-op for WA-OR, I looked everywhere but the Yahoo groups, and that is where they were.

I'm in on the grass eating debate, I'm with RFD on this one.:biggrin: My dogs both like to graze like cows from time to time, very seldom do they re-puk it up. But always, always I find cords of the grass in their teeny tiny poops. Maybe you can't actually see the grass because you do feed a kibble diet! and boy I've seen some of the sizes of those poops from other dogs in my neighborhood.:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.