Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We talk about this all the time but I wanted to post up pictures so our story feels a little more real.

A year ago we had to have one of Shiloh's main chewing teeth removed. Natalie noticed that Shiloh was getting tartar built up on the left side and upon further investigation we found her upper carnasial tooth was horizontally fractured. We had to have the entire tooth removed.

I think seeing it makes it a little more realistic

Fortunately Natalie works as a vet tech and we get our services at a discount. I would have hated to have had to pay full price to have this tooth extracted. Marrow bones are NOT worth the risk to me, EVER. Without even taking the cost into account, Shiloh now has to suffer the rest of her life not being able to chew as well on one side of her mouth.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Nice Information! Thankyou !

Reactions: jdatwood

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Awesome post babe! About time! Its sticky worthy!!!!

you guys could sell your photos to Hollywood to pay for tooth replacement for Shiloh.

Christ, could there be a better looking couple on our forum? You guys look like you belong on a Sweetest Day card :wink::biggrin:

kidding(well, not really)... thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Aww! That's nice of you to say Kev! It's funny though really...when Jon and I started dating he told me he fed his dogs raw and I knew it was meant to be LOL :biggrin: :wink:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I'm partial to a recipe link I saw on one website about raw meat feeding.

Basically it said:

Recipes:

"Get half a chicken. Hand it to your dog."

"Get a turkey neck. Hand it to your dog."

"Get an egg out of the carton. Hand it to your dog."

It does not need to be as complicated as these people are making it out to be in the videos. And yes, I couldn't believe that boxer taking the food like that. We don't roll like that in our house.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I'm partial to a recipe link I saw on one website about raw meat feeding.

Basically it said:

Recipes:

"Get half a chicken. Hand it to your dog."

"Get a turkey neck. Hand it to your dog."

"Get an egg out of the carton. Hand it to your dog."
That sounds like one of my favorite websites! Raw Feeding Recipes | Raw Fed Dogs

·
Registered
908 Posts
They sure go on long enough. Blah blah blah...

One of my dogs gets a good amount of veggie mush (otherwise she will spend much of the day outside tearing up the lawn eating grass, roots and all) but the others just hand them their meat/rmbs and dinner's over in a matter of seconds.

I also learned the hard way with marrow bones with both my bichons on the same day broke their molars on the right side of their mouths. Never again...

·
Registered
14 Posts
MB

I am now at this very minute never going to give 'Finnigan' a marrow bone. I have been giving him one once a month since he got his adult teeth in. After seeing this photo I ran to my dog to look at his teeth. They look fine but that doesn't mean there isn't a hair line fracture..
So thank you for this gift!
Rebecca

1 - 20 of 64 Posts