Dog Food Chat banner

161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nickname/Preferred name: Geri

Occupation: Emergency Medical Technician (fancy way of saying I work on an ambulance/it's a type of paramedic)

About your dog(s):
Jester- Rotti X 10 y/o
Neo- jack russell x 4 y/o
Trinity- yorkie x pom 4 y/o

Interests: snowboarding, dogs (duh lol) but more specifically training, and work (very sad I know but at least I love my job!)

Favorite music: Our Lady Peace, HIM

Favorite book: Twelve Night (Or What you Will)

Favorite quote: "Life's too short"

PICTURE OF YOU--- Wish I could! Buuuuut I'm shy lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nickname/Preferred name: Missy (just joined today)

About your dog(s): brat's one and all:
Tigger - Boston Terrier - 4 1/2 months old
Ellie - Boston Terrier - 4 years old
Sparky - yorkie mix shelter rescue - age indeterminant but referred to as the crotchity old bas&#%d due to attitude and all the gray on his face
Diva - mini Aussie - 2 years old
Luna - Boykin Spaniel - 9 1/2 years old
Angel - Border Collie (mix?) - 3 years old - foundling (one of four 8 week old pups dumped on me - others got new homes)
Roscoe - Shepherd/Black Lab mix - young - another foundling dumped on me - ready for new home
Shadow - Black Lab (no relation to above) - 8 1/2 years old

Interests: Agility, Rally, Obedience, horses

Favorite music: new age, instrumental (and anything that will upset the delicate ears of my teen age son (GRIN))

Favorite book: what ever I'm reading at the moment.

Favorite quote: gotta look beyond the end of your nose

PICTURE OF YOU
sorry, no recent pics that I like.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Nickname/Preferred name: Aliana

About your dog(s): Only one; my 41/2 month old German Shepherd. I'll make use of this opportunity to show off a little :). He's dad is a German import and current SA Sieger - also got the excellent select rating in Germany. Mom also got excellent rating and both are recommended for breeding for life. Logan was the pick of the litter and according to breeder the best litter she's had in 18 years. She did not want to sell him and I am lucky that we are friends. He's a very brave and bold boy, beautiful temperament, and gorgeous to look at. I'm a very proud mommy. Oh and raw fed since 8 weeks old

Interests: dog nutrition, schutzhund, hollistic medicine

Favorite music: alternative/rock

Favorite book: At the moment "the nature of animal healing" by Martin Goldstein

Favorite quote: Can't think of one at the moment, but have to say some of the dog quotes on hear made me tear up.

PICTURE OF YOU
DSC00114.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
First post. Will be adopting Darby 4/14 (DOB 2/14/13). Been dogless 10 years so haven't had puppy in 25 years! I checked this site to see about feeding all kibble from kong (Ian Dunbar).

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Hello and welcome....wow a long time without a dog. Is he an Australian Shepard? Start a thread in the canned kibble section and more people will see it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nickname/Preferred name: Diana

About your dog(s):
Maddie- 3.5 year old (roughly) brindle and white Lab/mix. We rescued her at about 4 months old and was a stray, so we have no background information on her. Also cannot decide what she is mixed with! She's about 65 pounds and about 22" at the shoulder.
Sofie- 1.5 year old Boxer- flashy fawn with a black mask. We got her at 8 weeks old. She's a pretty petite boxer, about 55 pounds and 20" at the shoulder.

Interests: Gardening, green living, very interested in learning more about a RAW diet and getting my girls switched over to that from kibble.

Favorite music: Just about everything...I'm pretty eclectic that way!

Favorite book: That's a tough one, I read a ton!

PICTURE OF YOU
665407_3900861159522_523297134_o.jpg

·
Registered
423 Posts
Nickname/Preferred name: Beth

Occupation: corrections officer; I also assist 3 wonderful elderly ladies, cleaning their homes, grocery shopping with them/taking them to their appointments. And lastly, but not least, I educate owners on dog body language and help them train their dogs with positive reinforcement.

About your dog(s):
Emma: a fawn 4(approx) years old pug. 15" at the shoulder. Found roaming the streets, after almost half a year attempting to find her family, she settled in as part of our family.

Interests: training with Emma, horse back riding, spending time with ANY of my animals, reading, digital drawing, photographing, biking, hiking, camping....loads of stuff to do outdoors xD

Favorite music: these days I've been leaning towards Rock/Metal. I also listen to pop, hip hop and country

Favorite book: I also read a TON. But my favorite author is J.R. Ward

PICTURE OF YOU
Riding my Trainer's horse. I'm always the one taking pictures, so it's rare when I'm in photos xD

ETA: Oh hey!!! There's this one of me/my husband on our keys vacation

Reactions: MollyWoppy

·
Registered
195 Posts
RawPitbulls: About

Nickname/Preferred name: Jacob/Ajax

About your dog(s):
Sabrina: 6-8 years old. Athletic mix breed.
Sami: 4 years old. Dogo Arentino
Beau & Chloe: 6 years old. The Beagle twins
Jack: 12 years old: Shepherd mix?

All raw fed and loving every minute of it!

Interests: Dogs, dog nutrition, vigilante work, pitbull rescue, working out, exercising, money,

Favorite music: When I've gone through a break-up: Beyonce: "I miss you"
Katy Perry: "The One That Got Away"
Leona Lewis: "Bleeding Love"

When I'm working out: Macklemore: "Thrift Shop"
Anything by Nicki Minaj (I love me some Nicki)

Favorite book: Don't read a whole lot...

Favorite quotes: TONS OF THESE! "Unless you faint, puke, or die, KEEP GOING!" "You quit when it hurts? What are you a b*tch? You're already in pain, get a reward from it! "You have to do what others don't, to achieve what others won't." "Play like you're in first. Train like you're in second." "I hated every minute of training, but I said 'Don't quit, suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'" "Just do it"

PICTURE OF YOU: Dream on ;)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Nickname/Preferred name: Krystal

About your dog(s): Australian Shep/Blue Heeler Mix, silly 6 year old pup that keeps me going and helps me remain sane

Interests: Animal Nutrition, dancing, biking, promoting positive body image and self confidence

Favorite music: Oldies, R&B anything on the radio

Favorite book: Lemmeny snicket series of Unfortunate Events, Eragon series

Favorite quote: Live life like it's GOLDEN

Me.jpg

Crystal, Felix & Skyy.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nickname/Preferred name: Deb

About your dog(s): Gimli is a 2 year old Bugg, only pup (for now :p )

Interests: Movies, fashion, zombies (slightly obsessed with zombie "culture" haha), and a good book

Favorite music: Digging the folk music explosion as of late, love bands like Of Monsters and Men, Lumineers, Mumford and Sons, but I pretty much love a lot of folk, and a lot of metal (Strapping Young Lad/Devin Townsend, Katatonia), and industrial (KMFDM, etc).

Favorite book: I don't have a fave, but I love a good murder mystery/crime. Also love biographies

Favorite quote: "Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." Walter Bishop (John Noble) from the show Fringe and my favourite (which I'm getting tattooed somewhere on my body soon!) “The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places.” ― Ernest Hemingway

And now, moi

Reactions: wolfsnaps88

·
Banned
84 Posts
Nickname/Preferred name: Jan

Occupation: I am a preschool teacher Very stressful, but I LOVE my job!!

About your dog(s): I have a two cute azkal dogs.

Interests: Danes, animals of all kinds, hiking, reading, swimming, listening to music.

Favorite music: Mariah Carey

Favorite book: Harry potter series
Favorite quote: “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
― Marilyn Monroe
I don't have a pic of me right now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
IMG_1064 30%.jpg Nickname/Preferred name: dfi

About your dog(s): The loves of my life

Interests: helping dogs lead healthy and happy lives

Favorite music: alternative

Favorite book: ?

Favorite quote: "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" ~Gandhi (1869-1948)

PICTURE OF YOU

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nickname: The Knacker a name given to me by a high school English teacher who sells me animals, Pappy to my grandkids (6 of them), Alpha dog to my work team, Jeff to most
Occupation: close to retirement from a 35 year career, however part time sheep shearer, butcher, shepherd and dog trainer
Age 18 at heart, body is a bit older
About my dogs. Moose 7 year old Chessie that I personally showed to his Champion title, he is a goose addict and a great buddy and Scooter the springer I rescued and the best little dog in world
Interests: Feeding the frugal carnivore human and animal, hunting, fishing, ranching enjoying the great outdoors, being self sufficient, cooking, curing meat
Favorite Music: Country
Favorite book: In my hand and holding my interest, it is pretty varied depending on my mood at the time
Favorite quote: Life is hard it is even harder if you are stupid

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nickname: Sunshine (I am not a morning person) and Flytrap (I have a friend who used to add ness onto everything. My name is Vee which equals Veeness which translates to Venus Flytrap)

Occupations: Telecommunications repair and installation tech

About your dog: I have a 4 year old Yellow Lab named Rodney. I rescued him about a year ago. He has severe allergies (grass, dairy, grains, fish, beef and chicken... that we know of). I wouldn't trade him for the world. He is my gentle giant!

Interests: music, movies, reading and spending time with family and friends

Favorite Music: I love most music...except maybe heavy metal but my favorite is jazz

Favorite Book: I read a lot so I can't pick a favorite. Right now my favorite authors are Walter Mosley (Easy Rawlins Series) and James Patterson (Alex Cross Series)

Favorite Quote: " Understand why not what before you judge". Courtesy of my dad.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nickname/Preferred name:
Anfisa

School teacher

About your dog(s):
Two Black Russian Terriers, 3 years old and 4 years old

Interests:
dogs, dog training, books, travel

Favorite music:
classical, jazz, rock, metall

Favorite book:
I'm a book worm

Favorite quote:
"I do not loose. I either win or learn."

PICTURE OF YOU
coming...

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
Welcome to DFC!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nickname/Preferred name: jaks258

Interests: Lately Shih Tzu dogs

Favorite music: 70's Rock and Roll

Favorite book: UC Davis Book of Dogs

Favorite quote: Keep it Simple Stupid.
:suspicious:
PICTURE OF YOU Don't have one, but here is the dog. 008.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nickname/Preferred name:
Jolene

Bartender

About your dog(s):
Roscoe is a 10 year old Doberman. I bought him when i was 15 with the money i made from selling my goat at fair. I got him to show in AKC shows and I put titles on him in Obedience and Rally. Oko is my 3 month old german shepherd and my new show dog. He's in training for IPO and we will probably do AKC obedience and rally as well. He has his first SV conformation show this weekend.

Interests:
My dogs are my hobbies. I've been showing dogs since i was 10 starting with my Rottweiler Mix blue in 4-H. I apprenticed under a 3rd generation K9 trainer/european line german shepherd breeder for five years and trained professionally under him. My puppy Oko is actually offspring of dogs I have titled and had personal relationships with. I titled his mother and grandsire and have handled his father and grandmother. Super excited to be back competing with my dogs and learning about raw feeding.

Favorite music:
Literally anything but heavy metal

Favorite book:
Pretty much anything fantasy. Harry Potter will always be my favorite probably.

Favorite quote:
the quote in my signature from Max von Stephanitz

PICTURE OF YOU
530633_10151299684871499_420562915_n.jpg
this is me and Oko's grandsire 'Erik'

Reactions: magicre

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nickname/Preferred name: Aseeral

About your dog(s):
One German shepherd