Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I thought this would be a good way for everyone to share a bit about themselves so that we can all get to know each other better! Fill out as much or as little as you'd like. Keep it clean but have some fun with this!

Nickname/Preferred name:

About your dog(s):

Interests:

Favorite music:

Favorite book:

Favorite quote:

PICTURE OF YOU

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I will start it out!

Nickname/Preferred name: Natty, Natalie, Nat....Danemama LOL

About your dog(s):

Emmy is a 5 year old Boxer/GSD mix
Bailey is a 4 year old Great Dane
Shiloh is a 4 year old wolf/husky mix
Akasha is a 2 year old Great Dane
Zuri is a 14 month old Great Dane
Freya is an 18 month old Great Dane
*All are raw fed

Interests: Danes, dogs, canine nutrition and behavior, motorcycles, friends, family, art, travel, skiing, camping, hiking, etc.

Favorite music: Oh, its easier for me to list what I DON'T like: most Rap and country

Favorite book: Dan Brown books, Stephen King books, JK Rowling books, LOR, etc. I love to read.

Favorite quote: As of late? Only worry about what you can control.

PICTURE OF YOU

]

·
Banned
547 Posts
Nickname/Preferred name: Autumn

Occupation: Unemployed currently (Used to work in management services)

About your dog(s): Lincoln is a 3 year old Belgian Malinois, hes got a heart of gold. Ruby is a 10 year old poodle cross, shes a sweet old girl lol

Interests: Dogs :), Hiking, Rollar blading. Love walking around the mall window shopping.

Favorite music: Anything other than heavy metal and oldies

Favorite book: Only magazines..im not a big ready..okay I read Marley and me...

Favorite quote: Maliraptor, Meh...too many to list

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I'll be brave and go...I'll even post a pic. I hope others do too!

Hey all! I thought this would be a good way for everyone to share a bit about themselves so that we can all get to know each other better! Fill out as much or as little as you'd like. Keep it clean but have some fun with this!
Nickname/Preferred name:
Sara

Stay at home mom. I have a 2 year old son and a 4 year old daughter. Been married for 7 years.

Just turned 32. YIKES.

About your dog(s):
Lucky is almost 11 years old. In her younger days she worked as a therapy dog and completed several obedience classes. She is doing wonderful. Duncan is now 5 months old and my wild boy! I have big plans for him such as completing obedience classes/agility, therapy dog work, getting his CGC, and I am looking forward to showing him in AKC shows.

Interests:
Well, my family and my dogs. I love the outdoors. I love shopping for meat. LOL.

Favorite music:
Michael Buble....I love his music. He is wonderful in concert!

Favorite book:
Don't really have one....I don't read too much. Usually don't have time.

Favorite quote:
Hummm...can't think of one...I'll have to come back to this question.

PICTURE OF YOU:
Most recent pic. of me and the hubby:

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Nickname/Preferred name: Erh... Linsey?

Occupation: Small Business Owner- Doggy daycare/ boarding/ grooming/ and training

About your dog(s): What about them?? :tongue:
Annie: August 9, 2009: female Brindle boxer, and my heart dog. I love her, SO much. I can't fathom life without a Boxer.
Mousse: November 19, 2009: male Chocolate great dane. My protector, my beast friend, my dane. I can't believe there was life before Mousse?!
Zailey: July 16, 2010: female merle great dane. She's my hubby's little lady. quite the character.
Braxton: Male brindle great dane, and the easiest puppy I've ever had. SUCH an affectionate little boy.
Timber: Female merle great dane. SO much personality, and quite the little attitude. She worships my husband.

Interests: dogs, canine nutrition, Boxers, danes, Pembroke Welsh Corgis, business, writing, reading, cooking

Favorite music: 90's, Country, Rock, Alternative

Favorite book: oh gosh, just ONE? I read about one per week. "A Dog's Purpose" is way up there, though. Read it twice so far.

Favorite quote:
"To reach a goal you have never before attained, you must do things you have never before done."
--Richard G. Scott

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Nickname/Preferred name: Amanda

About your dog(s): Amaya and Ryou are both red and white Siberian Huskies of differing shades. Amaya is my dark red, gorgeous, fits the description of a Sibe in every way girl, and Ryou is my gangly, looks like a wolf, light red, awkward colored goofy boy.

Interests: Books, movies, writing, dancing, hanging out with friends, helping people out.

Favorite music: I have a wide variety of music I like. I don't really like jazz or rap/hip hop, though, and don't really care for most country.

Favorite book: Harry Potter series or His Dark Materials series.

Favorite quote: "To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world."

·
Registered
939 Posts
Nickname/Preferred name: Kim, Kimbo, Kimbo Slice, Slice...real name is Kimberly...ewwww...lol

About your dog(s):
Brady-Boston Terrier-3 years old
Pandora-German Shepherd-10 months old
Showa-Husky-6 years old

Interests: Dogs and anything dog related, firearms, outdoor stuffs, motorcycles, cars.

Favorite music: Very difficult to answer since I never remember the name of ANYTHING, but I will tell you that I can't stand Elvis...don't kill me. :wink:

Favorite book: I mostly read informational books and articles, or anything classic...I don't really like modern fiction.

Favorite quote: "Let's do it!"-Luke (the boyfriend) I've seriously never met anyone so willing to do anything, and I love that. :biggrin:

I'm the one on the left...the one with half an eye lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nickname/Preferred name: mindy - i don't have any nicknames :smile:

Occupation: substitute teacher, hopefully i will be getting a replacement in january in a grade 5 classroom and then hopefully that will lead to my own classroom for september!

About your dog(s): iorek is a 2 1/2 year old sammy. he is just a big goofy ball of fluff! brom is a little over a year old and a gsd/husky mix that might have a few other things in there too. he is serious serious serious! he can get silly and goofy when he wants too but mostly he is intense. i love my boys to pieces.

Interests: dogs, animals in general, i am the secretary for our local ferret rescue (flsac), reading, learning pretty much anything, crafting, tattoos

Favorite music: TOOL is pretty much my all time favourite band. i also love oldies and motown. i love love love music from the time when rock and roll was just developing.

Favorite book: there are too many to list. i love harry potter, stephen king (especially it and the dark tower series, and the stand - complete and uncut) i am now reading the inkheart books and am loving them. i love the eragon books too and his dark materials. i love children's (teen) books, most of my pets are named for characters in books. i also love michael ondaatje, especially in the skin of a lion and coming through slaughter.

Favorite quote: i'm not not licking toads and a few more from the simpsons that may be offensive to some. i love the simpsons!

and a picture of iorek and i

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Nickname/Preferred name: Terri

About your dog(s): Flip is my standard poodle, he's a year and 1/2 and was a rescue dog. He is my heart dog, which is surprising, I never thought I'd own a spoo. I am more of a husky/greyhound/dobie kinda girl. My other dog is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, he is almost 5 and a special needs dog. He is deaf, along with a multitude of other issues. Both, however, are thriving on a PMR diet. :)

Interests: Music, Agility, gaming, yoga, film

Favorite music: This is a tough one. I listen to a lot of post punk/industrial/electro etc. Some favorites are Joy Division, Interpol, Bat For Lashes, Radiohead, Arcade Fire, MGMT, Ladytron.
My tastes vary, really. I even like some black metal.

Favorite book: George RR Martin's Game of Thrones series.

Favorite quote:
"You begin saving the world by saving one man at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics."
— Charles Bukowski

·
Registered
185 Posts
Nickname/Preferred name: Deborah

Occupation: I am the Assistant Director for a 911 center. Very stressful, but I LOVE my job!!

About your dog(s): I have a 1 1/2 year old male Great Dane named Ghosty and a 5 year old female Chi named Lily. Though she really belongs to my 16 year old daughter, and you will hear me talk MUCH more about my Dane :)

Interests: Danes, animals of all kinds, hiking, camping, swimming, reading, listening to music, hanging out with my kids and husband

Favorite music: Country. It's really all I listen to

Favorite book: Steve and Me. It was written by the Crocodile Hunters wife, and it makes me cry every time I read it

Favorite quote: Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Mother Teresa

I don't have a pic of me right now cause I am at work (shhhh), but I will get one!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Nickname/Preferred name: Bill

About your dog(s):
Abby: 11 year old Great Dane
Thor: 6 year old Great Dane

Interests: Dogs (behavior, nutrition, training), wood carving, DFC, Working around my property(12 acres in west GA)

Favorite music: My favorite group it Celtic Woman. I like all music from classical to country. No hip hop, rap, etc.

Favorite quote: "Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden , where doing nothing was not boring-it was peace." - Milan Kundera

PICTURE OF YOU

I notice that there is a whole bunch of super pretty girls on this board. If any of you are single, I'm looking for a wife. :biggrin:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nickname/Preferred name: moon

Age: as old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth

About your dog(s): two Australian cattle dogs, one ancient lab mix - love

Interests: besides dogs: jewelry, heritage breed turkeys, guineafowl, bobwhite quail restoration, pegmatites (had to google that one didn't you), mineral collection, prospecting, mining, dinosaur hunting.

Favorite music:
pretty much everything EXCEPT blue grass and rap

Favorite authors: Susan DiPlacido, Piers Anthony

Favorite quote: "Remember - no man is a failure who has friends" from It's a Wonderful Life - an old old movie when movies were good.

PICTURE OF YOU:... Do you really want to crash the server?

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Name:
Pen, Penny, Lovely Penny!! (don't you dare start with the farthing, happenny or pitstop)

Occupation: Can't work. Two reasons, the main was is that I'm caregiver to my sick husband (major stressful) and I haven't got a greencard yet. But, I do the maintenance on a big sailboat, a 28' speedboat, a rubber dinghy, a house, 2 cars and the garden, it keeps me sane.
Dream Job? Lighthouse Keeper on a big deserted island. Somewhere warm.

Prefer not to say, but lets just say I just had a BIG one and I'm still in denial. Old enough to better start eating super healthily and taking my vitamins. Old enough that hangovers are now going to be a thing of the past (ha ha). On the other hand, who's the one that climbs up the masts on all the boats for the locals -a 80' one on the weekend. People always think I'm younger than I am, hell, I know I'm younger than I am.

About my Dog: Mollie. Blue Heeler / German Shepherd. My little therapy dog - my life became whole again when I got her. I thank the powers that be for her every single day. Must mention my cat, Windy, a white one with black bits. A joy, absolutely completes my little family. Wish I'd known a long time ago that I liked cats.

Interests:
Sailing, Swimming, Diving, Exploring, Fishing, kyaking, Dogs, gardening things, taking stuff apart and putting it back together again. (if I'm not on DFC for a while, you'll know my computer is spread out all over the floor). Walking/running, Travelling, learning new cultures. Tramping (you call it hiking).

Favourite Music: Springsteen, Cold Play, Pink, a lot of NZ bands, Rob Thomas, ACDC, actually, I think I like almost everything except most rap, most country, and classical sends me to sleep.

Favourite Authors: Can't name one particular one. Memory's on the way out you know! I love non-fiction, auto-biographies or adventure history like Shackleton, Everest, Explorers, Sailing, Submarines etc. I think one of my all time favourites is Gypsy Moth Circles the World by Sir Francis Chichester. Bet none of you have read that!

Favourite Quote: Not sure right now. They change as often as my mind. Mostly stuff about just doing what you want with your life, you only have one life so screw what others think, do things that make you happy. When you are on your deathbed and look back, what are you going to remember? I can honestly say this is how I've lived my life. I'm a bit wierd.

Picture:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Nickname/Preferred name: Richelle. But I prefer "Sexy thang". :wink:

Occupation: I work for a controls contractor. We do temperature controls for commercial buildings like schools, hi-rises, data centers, etc. By "We do.." I mean my co-workers do. I work in Administration.

About your dog(s): Ania is my husband's and my only dependent. She is a GSD and just turned 2 a couple months ago. We spoil her rotten and can't even remember life before her. She and my husband are working on becoming search and rescuers.

Interests: Before Aina, I wasn't even a dog person. But now? I totally am! The change has been ridiculous. I not only like dogs now, I frickin' LOVE them!! I also enjoy summertime. I love the sun and being on the lake. So... I gotta get the hell out of western Washington sometime very soon! I love being social. I love my friends and family and can't get enough of spending time with them. Someday, I hope to enjoy hiking as much as you all do. :wink:

Favorite music: I love pretty much everything. From Abba to Zeppelin and everything in between. Pop, country, rock, hard core gangsta rap, etc.

Favorite book: I don't have any one favorite book. But I mostly read trashy romance novels. And Johanna Lindsey is my favorite. I also love the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich.

Favorite quote: Can't think of one off the top of my head. But one I've always really loved is, "You mess with the bull, you get the horns" from the Breakfast Club.

Here's me:

Just kidding. That's not my real hair style. Here's me for real:

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Nickname/Preferred name: Victoria

About your dog(s): Uno, 4 year old blue weim, my first dog and heck of a troublemaker :)

Interests: anything pertaining to animals/animal rescue, nutrition (animal/human), alternative medicine,yoga, anything outdoor related (hiking, biking, horseback riding, but I'll try anything), tea collecting, photography, writing.

Favorite music: Little embarrassing but I like Josh Groban (way before Oprah made him into the megastar), though I admit, I would never go to his concert (too many crazed fans).
Lately I've been listening to NPR, a lot of fascinating stuff.

Favorite book: being an avid reader, oddly enough I do not have a favorite, theres many books I like, but too many to list.

Favorite quote: " You dont have a Soul, you are a Soul. You have a body." C.S. Lewis.

PICTURE OF YOU

since I despise pictures of myself, I only have like 3 compared to the hundreds of the ones I take of animals/nature.

This is semi recent one from this summer(trying out an inflatable kayak at a local pond, glad I was close to the shore, the thing deflated faster then it took it to inflate)

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Nickname/Preferred name: Serenity

Age: I am celebrating the 20th anniversary of my 21st birthday.

About your dog(s):

Hoodlum 1-Shasta, (named after Mt. Shasta in CA...a favorite place of mine: Lab mix puppy about 5 months old, brother to Sakari. Handsome and is going to grow up to be beautiful. Already loyal. A little slow with new tricks but eager to please.

Hoodlum 2-Sakari, (means "sweet" in Eskimo): Lab mix puppy about 5 months old, sister to Shasta. Smart as a whip! Incredibly intelligent, unreal, mensa dog. Also heart wrenchingly cute. She knows these things and uses them against me at every opportunity. Still working on loyalty.

Interests: Apparently I'm obsessed with raw meat and dog poo. I also like to read, a lot. I also adore felines. (I had to put that there...the cats were glaring at me and threatening me.) I also love my Kindle. And, if I had the money, I would open an animal sanctuary...that is my dream and major interest in life.

Favorite music: Ska, punk, reggae, electronica, world, Irish music and every once in awhile, a "bubble gum" pop song catches my interest.

Favorite book: The Dark Tower series by Stephen King.

Favorite quote: "I'll be at the bar. If I'm not back in 10 minutes....I'll be at the bar." (I don't drink much at all but the quote killed me the first time I heard it. I think it's from Roseanne Barr.)

PICTURE OF YOU: Uh...I can't. All the other ladies are way prettier than me and are giving me a complex.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Nickname/Preferred name: Meg or Meggels. Only Meghan when someone is mad at me :)

Occupation: Just graduated college, so still figuring things out, but right now, I'm a pet food rep part time...

About your dog(s):

Abigail Hound- 1 year old bluetick coonhound mix/maybe some sort of herding dog. She's a big doofus, and as most of you know, is uh, "socially challenged", but she is the love of my life and I just burst with love whenever I look at her...

Murph- 1 year old dark brindle french bulldog. He too, is a big doofus, and always makes me laugh and smile. He is told several times a day how handsome he is, so I am sure he thinks he's the cats meow. He's incredibly small and compact, esp for a male frenchie, so people usually fall in love with him and his whopping 20lbs of pure cuteness, most of which, is in his noggin.

Irma- 11 month old dark brindle frenchie. Though she is not legally mine, she is in my heart and i'm sorta like her guardian I guess. Her nickname is "Goat" because she climbs everything in sight, and also rips apart anything she can get her paws on. She is hopefully going to begin showing in conformation in the next few months.

Interests: Dogs (behavior, nutrition, health, etc), music & pop culture, showing (mostly just watching though, I'm gonna try it out soon lol!), acting as a therapists to most of my friends lol...reading in the bath each day :D

Favorite music: Ummm, I guess you could call it pop punk/indie/emo/rock/etc. I also am a sucker for Top 40 stuff :) Some favorite bands: Say Anything, Eisley, Paramore, Brand New, OK Go, etc...

Favorite book: I'm constantly reading, but I don't really have a favorite. Weird, I know. I mean, I sorta like everything I read for the most part...

Favorite quote: I think the purpose of life is to be useful, responsible, honorable, compassionate. It is, above all, to matter: to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all.

-Leo Rosten

PICTURE OF YOU:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Nickname/Preferred Name: Jackie
Age: Will achieve that significant middle age milestone on Nov. 1
About Dogs: Blaze a red/white siberian rescued from Watertown NY SPCA, very zen like, approximately 12 years old, also stubborn.lol
Silva a black/white siberian rescued from NY as well, about 11 years old, very playful, she is a true vixen.
Interests: dogs, dogs, dogs, dog people, gardening, reading, hiking, chairing out township Environmental Agricultural Advisory Council.
Favorite Music: 60's, 70's, Motown
Favorite Books: Anything about dogs, and gardening
Favorite Quote: too many to type, some not appropriate to put here either. lol
Picture: Oh no, can't do it, am way overdue for a date with Loreal

·
Registered
184 Posts
Nickname/Preferred name: Roxann, Rox

About your dog(s):
Hannah almost 3 year old German Shepherd/Doberman mix. She's a spaz!

Interests:
dogs, horses, hiking, search and rescue, agility

Favorite music:
pop, rock, country...

Favorite book: I have many favorites.

Favorite quote:"She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion."
- Unknown

PICTURE OF YOU

1 - 20 of 180 Posts