Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we finally gave the green tripe thing a whirl...and it was a success! We got the guts from a whole llama we had butchered a month or so ago and I finally thawed out the innerds.

Although it was messy (Shiloh ended up shaking it around like a ragdoll effectively coating herself in it LOL) all the girls (except Bailey) gobbled it right up. I was definitely skeptical of them liking it or not, but I was totally wrong :biggrin:

I honestly don't know when the next time we will do this, but I now have a more open mind about it!

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
You know you can get free trpe from most farmers who have butchered a cow, most of them don't touch the insides of them and they just go to waste, we have some people in the co-op who regularly get tripe from farmers for nothing and do it themselves.:wink:

I am very happy that you tried it on the dogs and they enjoyed it.:biggrin:

·
Registered
114 Posts
You know you can get free trpe from most farmers who have butchered a cow, most of them don't touch the insides of them and they just go to waste, we have some people in the co-op who regularly get tripe from farmers for nothing and do it themselves.:wink:

I am very happy that you tried it on the dogs and they enjoyed it.:biggrin:
I just have to ask, do it themselves? Like go throgh the waste and get the tripe? I don't even know if I'd know what to look for. What about deer? I have a friend who usually hunts quite a few deer and he has offered me any extras.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Yes you can use the stomach lining from the deer, to get a better understanding of it all go to GreenTripe.Com Main Index they have some really good info on where it comes from and what the benefits are and how they process it. Good Luck, deer would be great!

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Yes you can use the stomach lining from the deer, to get a better understanding of it all go to GreenTripe.Com Main Index they have some really good info on where it comes from and what the benefits are and how they process it. Good Luck, deer would be great!
you'll be happy to know that on monday i'm picking up some tripe to try out on my dogs.....

a friend of mine was willing to part with two of her chubs from the green tripe order.....i forget which ones....so we'll see how it goes...:)

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Your little pugs will dance for days!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Oops, sorry I just do things so fast before thinking! I knew that too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts