Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I was going to order a Tom Lonsdale book, which one would you recommend? Both of them get good reviews on Amazon although they say the first one can be dry reading. Is it worthwhile to get both books (to get the free shipping :) ). Are they something that I would read over and over again or reference? We are on a budget (who isn't now) so I want to make sure these are a useful reference in the next few months. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Raw Meaty Bones Promote Health is a book about why you should feed raw. There is only one chapter that talks about actually feeding.

Work Wonders is a book about how to feed raw. It is a very easy read. You probably won't read it many times.

You can download either or both books in PDF format from Tom Lonsdale - Over 150,000 eBooks - eBookMall for $9.50 each and no shipping charges. :smile:

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
But I'm old and read books with real pages before I go to sleep every night (wearing trifocals) :biggrin:

Now my husband.....if it's not in a PDF or on a glowing screen, he doesn't read it.
i'm old too...and raw meaty bones is something i believe you'll enjoy.

from what i have read of your posts...you are very thoughtful and like to know the hows and whys....this book is very informative...

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
from what i have read of your posts...you are very thoughtful and like to know the hows and whys....this book is very informative...
LOL I"ll tell my husband that, he always just told me I was stubborn and cranky!!

Thanks. I think I"ll probably pick up both books. I do like to know why I am doing something before I just jump right in, and I tend to do a lot of research on a subject before I make a decision. There's so much 'quackery' going on in the world now that I like to make sure that what I am doing is backed up by real information and data. (no crystals or magnets or acai berry juice) :biggrin:

Plus, I like a really good home library! Books are my weakness. Electronics are my husbands.

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
LOL I"ll tell my husband that, he always just told me I was stubborn and cranky!!

Thanks. I think I"ll probably pick up both books. I do like to know why I am doing something before I just jump right in, and I tend to do a lot of research on a subject before I make a decision. There's so much 'quackery' going on in the world now that I like to make sure that what I am doing is backed up by real information and data. (no crystals or magnets or acai berry juice) :biggrin:

Plus, I like a really good home library! Books are my weakness. Electronics are my husbands.
i hear ya....and i had a feeling you were as stubborn as me....:biggrin:

you are so right about the quackery.....you really are...having worked in advertising and marketing....OMG....the wool being pulled over many people's eyes.....and when i was in medicine, well there are whole sheep covering peoples' eyes.....it's a shame, but i really do hold most people responsible..because of the libraries and internet highway...the info is out there....

whenever i read about people jumping into raw, i am glad on the one hand, but on the other hand, i cringe....it's not that there is SOOOOOO much to know, but shoot, it helps to know a little about the physiology of a dog and why they need what they need.....

my execution was sloppy, but at least i knew why they needed that RMB LOL

tell your husband i have it all...books AND electronics :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi Chowder!

Raw Meaty Bones was what convinced me to give raw feeding another try after giving up for a few months. Although there isn't a ton on "how to" feed raw so I would opt for the other one even though I haven't read it.

I actually found a raw feeding book at my public library that was helpful too.

Tami

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you are so right about the quackery.....you really are...having worked in advertising and marketing....OMG....the wool being pulled over many people's eyes.....and when i was in medicine, well there are whole sheep covering peoples' eyes

ROTFLMAO ..........Boy, that made my day! I had tears in my eyes picturing sheep hanging over peoples heads . My sister is into every new fad out there, determined to try them all until she's discovered the fountain of youth and trying to drag me into them with her.

Now I can go out to the office in the garage still laughing and get something productive done. Thanks (haha.... sheep) :biggrin:

·
Registered
216 Posts
I do like to know why I am doing something before I just jump right in, and I tend to do a lot of research on a subject before I make a decision. There's so much 'quackery' going on in the world now that I like to make sure that what I am doing is backed up by real information and data. (no crystals or magnets or acai berry juice) :biggrin:
I'm the same way. Plus I've found that with so many subjects there are so many varying opinions and "facts" that I don't like just taking one source and running with it. If I find certain info in several places I feel I can trust it more, but if it's something I see only once (like when I read that westies shouldn't have beef) I have a hard time putting much stock in it until I can find others to back it up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts