Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good, affordable website (or ideas of places in state) to get exotic meats? I'm looking for ground rabbit, ostritch, green tripe, etc. Anything really. I know these meats aren't necessities, but I am sure they add great nutrients. I have found websites to order them from, but they are pretty pricey and the shipping and handling kills. It would be nice to find a place here in Colorado that sells that kind of thing. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
You won't be able to get green tripe anywhere except a coop ordering it off the internet or buying it from a farmer that does his own slaughtering or getting it from a slaughterhouse. Green tripe is very nasty stuff and is not allowed inside a building that contains food for human consumption.

I suggest feeding whole rabbit rather than ground. It's cheaper and better for the dog. I used to buy whole rabbits that still had not been gutted.

·
Banned
493 Posts
Yea, I'd try an Asian Supermarket. I just went to one by my house, and bought a whole 1 pound fish and a pound of beef kidney for only about 2 bucks!:biggrin:

Reactions: Jem

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
We will take you to the Asian market that we go to. It's not in the best part of town but they have some crazy stuff there! I still have yet to buy a whole
cows tongue! :eek:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We will take you to the Asian market that we go to. It's not in the best part of town but they have some crazy stuff there! I still have yet to buy a whole
cows tongue! :eek:
sounds fun. Do you think they have rabbit and stuff like that?

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Not sure. Can't say I remember exactly. Have you joined the Colorado Carnivores group yet? That is where we got the day old chicks for The Kitah...?

·
Banned
493 Posts
sounds fun. Do you think they have rabbit and stuff like that?
At the Asian market I went to, they didn't have any rabbit, nor did they have deer or stuff like that. But they did have a lot of whole fish, as well as organs. More meats from their native continent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts