Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm new to all this plane/flying stuff. Whenever I've gone on vacation we've always drove, so I've never stepped foot on a plane.

Well - long story short - my BFF's sister just moved to Texas (she's a traveling PTA). She was going to fly both me and my BFF out there for our graduation presents. She is no longer able to purchase my ticket (but is taking care of the rest of our trip! :D), so now I've got to purchase a plane ticket. I have NO idea where to start, lol.

We'll be flying from Jacksonville, FL to Wichita Falls, TX. Not sure when exactly, but it'll be sometime in June.

Any tips and/or cheap places to buy plane tickets? :)

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I always used priceline type sites and just compared for my tickets, i made xcountry trips for the better part of 3 years, probably about 30 in all sometimes it was high sometimes it was low, it's extremely hard to tell how far out to book as i have gotten last minute seats for 1/3rd of the price of a 3 month out flight... start looking now, but like i said they could be cheaper closer to the date if they are trying to fill seats then again if you book now you can probably get a decent deal now.
priceline, cheaptickets.com stuff like that, there are tons of them check them all out and compare.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I fly so much it's ridiculous. We used to fly most weekends for hockey tournaments. I just got back from flying across country.

One thing to keep in mind is that almost all the airlines EXCEPT Southwest charge you extra per bag that you check so you have to take the into account with your purchase price. I usually fly Southwest because I can get across country and back for around $300 and don't pay any extra to check luggage. Plus I get frequent flyer miles. I've flown to Denver and back for $150 with them. But you have to book in advance to get the lowest rate and you have to go directly to their website. They don't use any of the other services. Last time I checked, American no longer used any of the services either, you had to go directly to their website.

Those are the two airlines that I use, and I prefer Southwest because I hate to pay extra per suitcase just to check a piece of baggage.

·
Registered
832 Posts
One of my coworkers was just talking about this Social Flights $150 flights on a private jet. You can put in a request for where you're going to and see if they have a flight going that way. I worked from a helicopter for 6 years and I absolutely hate commercial flights.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you're looking for a perfect and safe trip and have a nice air traveling to Amsterdam. You should find the best airline and the airline can fulfill your desire completely. So, to have such a nice flight by Iran Air Amsterdam, check out the link below:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts