Dog Food Chat banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and are you guys just feeding it as treats? im picking up some free 6.6 pound bags of the evo red meat...should i just giv them as treats? also is evo recalled

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Evo is not recalled, please do not post misinformation.

I got my cat EVO turkey/salmon with mine.

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Evo is not recalled, please do not post misinformation.

I got my cat EVO turkey/salmon with mine.
this post and my post in the red meat tthread you told me posted misinformation...BOTH were in the form of QUESTIONS....

that aside...are you just giving them the evo as treats or using the new bag to rotate it in?
im not really sure how i could rotate in 6 pounds of food

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
this post and my post in the red meat tthread you told me posted misinformation...BOTH were in the form of QUESTIONS....

that aside...are you just giving them the evo as treats or using the new bag to rotate it in?
im not really sure how i could rotate in 6 pounds of food
I apologize for THIS thread, as I do see now that it IS in the form of a question. I read "Also, Evo is recalled." My apologies. NO, Evo is not recalled, why do you ask?

Bags of such size are not really ideal for larger dogs like Shane. By the time he'd be transitioned onto it, you'd be out of Evo! The promotion was more or less to get people to try it out, so they'd switch to EVO, or to give existing customers a bit of a perk.

Because I'm using mine for my cat, no, I'm not using it as treats. You could just give shane a little bit of it to supplement his Canidae, or go about with the treat idea. :smile:

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I apologize for THIS thread, as I do see now that it IS in the form of a question. I read "Also, Evo is recalled." My apologies. NO, Evo is not recalled, why do you ask?

Bags of such size are not really ideal for larger dogs like Shane. By the time he'd be transitioned onto it, you'd be out of Evo! The promotion was more or less to get people to try it out, so they'd switch to EVO, or to give existing customers a bit of a perk.

Because I'm using mine for my cat, no, I'm not using it as treats. You could just give shane a little bit of it to supplement his Canidae, or go about with the treat idea. :smile:
what about the OTHER thread also?
anyway,yeah i dont really plan on switching him to evo( i did before p and g bought them out..was all set to get him on herring evo)..i think i will just use them as treats. who knows...maybe he will like t a lot,and i will switch....but ive never been thrilled with the red meat formula..and having p and g make it doesnt justify the 60 dollar price tag after taxes.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
what about the OTHER thread also?
anyway,yeah i dont really plan on switching him to evo( i did before p and g bought them out..was all set to get him on herring evo)..i think i will just use them as treats. who knows...maybe he will like t a lot,and i will switch....but ive never been thrilled with the red meat formula..and having p and g make it doesnt justify the 60 dollar price tag after taxes.
Nope, Other thread was what you thought.

What I don't understand, is that you won't switch now because P & G owns it, but yet.. you feed a Diamond made food. I'm not bashing Diamond so much, as I appreciate that they make decent quality foods at more affordable prices.. I do. I've fed Diamond products for about a year in the past with NO issues whatsoever. But, to say that you are hesitant to feed a P & G food, but feel good about a Diamond food doesn't make sense to me. I mean, if you were feeding a Champion food, sure, it would make more sense to me, as they appear to be the MOST reliable at this time.... Would you mind expanding on this? I can split it into a new thread if you'd like, as well.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Well, I can't figure out why anyone would even think that a dog food manufacturer is giving away bags of food that has been recalled. :confused:

That aside, I got a bag of EVO Red Meat, which I only use as training treats since my dogs are fed raw meaty bones and raw organs. But EVO kibble does a good job as a treat (in moderation).

·
Registered
995 Posts
I got a bag of EVO Red Meat. I had a coupon sent to my mom's so I will probably get a bag of the Salmon/Herring formula. AND....I tried doing the coupon thing on Natura again just for fun with my address I already used, and it went through :eek: So we will see if they mail me another one in a week or so!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nutura pets

I will miss Evo for my diabetic cat as it really has given her a longer life and better health but I can not take a chance with Procter and Gamble owning Nutura brands aand probable changes or food sources that are iffy. I am also concerned about Wellness making changes. I have been getting my Wellness fish and sweet potato and Senior from Smart Pak for many years. My Skips seizures stopped 6 years ago after I changed to Wellness fish from Nutro AND no more phenabarb which had damaged his liver. He has been on Denamarin for 4 years for his liver. I did pickup a free EVO red for treats with the free coupon as my store had Nutura produced food still. I will be back to researching.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I will miss Evo for my diabetic cat as it really has given her a longer life and better health but I can not take a chance with Procter and Gamble owning Nutura brands aand probable changes or food sources that are iffy. I am also concerned about Wellness making changes. I have been getting my Wellness fish and sweet potato and Senior from Smart Pak for many years. My Skips seizures stopped 6 years ago after I changed to Wellness fish from Nutro AND no more phenabarb which had damaged his liver. He has been on Denamarin for 4 years for his liver. I did pickup a free EVO red for treats with the free coupon as my store had Nutura produced food still. I will be back to researching.
You can look into the Champion kibbles, Orijen and Acana. This is what I have been feeding and have been very pleased with it.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
I got Salmon & Herring for my cat, who won't eat it. So, that and all the other bags of kibble she's turned her nose up at will be given to the animal shelter.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I used mine for Evo regular small bites because that is what Chelsy eats. Since they will be starting on raw in a little while, the 6 pound bags won't last us that long and whatever extra I get can go to my son's dogs.

On a side note, since Chelsy has been switched to Evo and also to 95% meat canned food, she has grown back all her hair and no longer has any red raw spots on her. This is after one vet told me she had lost her hair because she had Cushings and there was nothing we could do for her. I switched vets after that :biggrin: I noticed today when I was brushing her that she has a bushy tail for the first time in years! My son can't call her "Rat Tail" anymore!!!

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nope, Other thread was what you thought.

What I don't understand, is that you won't switch now because P & G owns it, but yet.. you feed a Diamond made food. I'm not bashing Diamond so much, as I appreciate that they make decent quality foods at more affordable prices.. I do. I've fed Diamond products for about a year in the past with NO issues whatsoever. But, to say that you are hesitant to feed a P & G food, but feel good about a Diamond food doesn't make sense to me. I mean, if you were feeding a Champion food, sure, it would make more sense to me, as they appear to be the MOST reliable at this time.... Would you mind expanding on this? I can split it into a new thread if you'd like, as well.
few reasons
1-i trust diamond more than proctor and gamble. i dont trust either,butt hat being said diamond only makes dog foods.
2-canidae is not made by diamond. it is manufactured by them. while this is still not ideal..it is not the worst situation.
3-canidae grain free costs 51 dollars after tax,is ethoxyquin free,and is probably just as good as proctor and gamble version evo
4-i would have had no problem paying 65 dollars for natura evo hrring,but i do have a problem paying more than 51 dollars for any current brand of dog food that is available . if i was assured evo herrng would not change i might consider it...but dogs are already getting diarrrhea

·
Registered
238 Posts
I got Herring & Salmon since my dog is currently on Orijen Regional Red and I'm pretty sure it has the highest crude omega 3 level out of all commercial kibbles (even Orijen 6 Fish). I'm just going to feed it to her since it should give me about 5 extra days before I have to go out and get a new bag of kibble again. I'm sure dog treats taste better.

EDIT: Nevermind...seems like Evo's Wild Cravings treats have similar ingredients. I guess you could just feed the kibble as a treat; it would definitely last a LOT longer; it would take forever to go through 6.6 lbs of treats.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think you are needlessly experimenting on your cat that is doing well on a food, because of pure speculation of what may happen in the future. If Natura starts changing its foods you will be sure to hear a loud sqawking on the internet all about it. Much louder than the very large rumbling when P and G bought them.

Many retailers are ready to bolt if changes happen.....and it is very doubtful that changes will happen for that basic economic interest of P and G. P and G has maintained that Natura will remain a boutique dog store product and will not move it to Petco/Petsmart.

Why make a cat potentially suffer, when the diabetic cat is doing so well on what you are feeding.

Don't be a missinformed blind lemming.

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
on the facebook page saying boyott natura, people have already noticed changes.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
on the facebook page saying boyott natura, people have already noticed changes.
Well if a facebook page says it then it MUST be true. I get all my research informatin from facebook!! :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well if a facebook page says it then it MUST be true. I get all my research informatin from facebook!! :rolleyes:
um actual customers report their findings...they are jsut as valid as what people here say..
they are all informed dog owners.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.