Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I'm hoping it's a pit bull, it'd do wonders for the breed's reputation.

L

·
0 Posts
I saw on TV last night that it's going to be a hypoallergenic dog because their older daughter has allergies. I hope they get a Labradoodle!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I saw on T.V. last night that they were considering a "Goldendoodle". I like these dogs, but I really would just prefer a standard poodle!

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
are Airedales hypo allergenic? That would be a cool one for them to get! But it's hard to find a hypoallergenic dog in a shelter, maybe more like a breed-specific rescue.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I would think that they would try a breed specific rescue. A Portugese (sp) water dog, would be a good one too!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I heard that they were going to go to a breeder, because they want a "pure bred dog", so that their allergic daughter won't suffer. This is the most ignorant thing I've heard. Rescues and pounds have pure breed dogs too, and unless you get a dog that doesn't shed, you'll still have problems with allergies (I know, I'm preaching to the choir on that point). I'm just disgusted right now & I hope it's not true.:mad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Perhaps Royal Canin....
Among Washington’s lobbying firms, Patton Boggs reported the highest revenue from registered lobbying for the fifth year in a row, $41.9 million, an increase over 2006 of more than 20 percent. The firm’s most lucrative clients included the private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management, the candy and pet food company Mars Inc., telecom giant Verizon, the pharmaceutical manufacturers Bristol-Myers Squibb and Roche, and the American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America).

·
Registered
523 Posts
I read somewhere that he wanted to go to a rescue/shelter. I hope he does. My bet is he gets a poodle mix dog that doesn't shed because of his daughter's allergies.

Did anyone see the cover of Tails? Obama is on it holding a small, white dog... I don't know if that's his new dog or what. I saw it on a news show but haven't picked up a copy of it yet.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Here's what was on "Extra":

November 6, 2008

Is This Obama's Dog?!
Posted by ExtraTV Staff on November 6, 2008 11:08 AM

President-elect Barack Obama promised his daughters a presidential puppy -- but is this poodle the pooch he chose to be First Dog?

That's false. Barack Obama met with author Jana Kohl and was so inspired by Kohl and her rescued pup, Baby, that he agreed to pose in this picture for her book, "A Rare Breed of Love: The True Story of Baby and the Mission She Inspired to Help Dogs Everywhere."

Obama has announced that his family plans to adopt a canine to join them in the White House, to raise awareness about the inhumanity of puppy mills -- and why they need to be shut down.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here's what was on "Extra":

November 6, 2008

Is This Obama's Dog?!
Posted by ExtraTV Staff on November 6, 2008 11:08 AM

President-elect Barack Obama promised his daughters a presidential puppy -- but is this poodle the pooch he chose to be First Dog?

That's false. Barack Obama met with author Jana Kohl and was so inspired by Kohl and her rescued pup, Baby, that he agreed to pose in this picture for her book, "A Rare Breed of Love: The True Story of Baby and the Mission She Inspired to Help Dogs Everywhere."

Obama has announced that his family plans to adopt a canine to join them in the White House, to raise awareness about the inhumanity of puppy mills -- and why they need to be shut down.
Kinda forgot what this thread was about when I saw that Obama wants to shut down the Puppy mills. Wouldn't that be amazing !!!!!! And the way I look at it ,if he shuts down the puppy mills ,he can chose any dog he wants and it will be alright with me :biggrin:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Honestly - I'm not even a fan of Obama - but I have to say that I will be impressed if he shuts down puppy mills.....actions speak louder than words. We hear so many promises from all sections of government - follow thru is what's important.

L

·
0 Posts
Just learned this morning on AOL news that the Obama's dog is arriving in April and it will be a Portugese Water Dog. They intend to get it from a rescue.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts