Dog Food Chat banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Already having a disabled, sick, accident prone person in the house, plus a boat that was in self sustained long term cruising, I have virtually every imaginable medical need or device covered already. My place is where my friends come if they or their pups aren't well (non emergencies of course). Don't have Gas X though, but I'm going to get some of that as a precaution. I don't think Mol is partial to bloating, but it doesn't hurt to have it on hand for other dogs, or, I guess, if the other half suddenly started to bloat. :D

·
Banned
84 Posts
What is the most important 'first aid medicine" that we shouldn't live for our dogs. I'm curious about it:D

·
Banned
84 Posts
It's his first aid kit I take with me when we go on vacation (in small bottles of course):

Chlorhexadine solution
Hydrogen Peroxide
Isopropyl Alcohol
gauze
tweezers, scissors, clippers, exam gloves
Phazyme tabs
Cephalexine capsules
Tramadol tablets
Buffered aspirin
Lubricating jelly
animax ointment
Benadryl tablets
epi pen
rectal thermometer
tourniquet
syringes of all sorts
How are you able to
managed all these stuffs? There are many of them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The most common items you should keep for your pet, especially for your dog, is aspirin.Keeping generic aspirin in your medicine cabinet or first aid kit for your dog can help out a great deal. Hydrogen peroxide should be in every dog's medicine cabinet. In this way you should be sure to check with your veterinarian before giving any medicines to your dog.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hydrogen peroxide, with out a doubt, is number one in my book. If you can induce a dog to vomit with in a short time(with in 2 hrs) after they have accidentally ingested something potentially toxic, it can make all the difference.

Examples of what you should not induce vomiting for would be oils, detergents, cleaners as they do their damage on the esophagus or if the aspirated it into their lungs so we don't want it coming back up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pain relief. Painkillers like aspirin, paracetamol and ibuprofen are highly effective at relieving most minor aches and pains, such as headaches and period pain. These medicines also help with some minor ailments, such as the common cold, by reducing aches, pain and high temperatures.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts