Dog Food Chat banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
This thread had great timing. I was getting ready to start searching old threads for most of this. I have a dog that has had mild hip dysplasia / Arthritis for about 3 years now. She has been on 21st Century supplements which actually worked the best after trying several. With the exception of Cosequin, I never tried it because she seemed to be doing well on the 21st Century. Anyways, lately she has been limping more and I am not sure if it is just time to change up the supplements or the fact she has been doing things she isn't supposed to like jumping on and off the bed instead of using her stairs.

After reading through this I am going to start her on Connectin and Green Lipid Mussel Powder and see how it goes.

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
This thread had great timing. I was getting ready to start searching old threads for most of this. I have a dog that has had mild hip dysplasia / Arthritis for about 3 years now. She has been on 21st Century supplements which actually worked the best after trying several. With the exception of Cosequin, I never tried it because she seemed to be doing well on the 21st Century. Anyways, lately she has been limping more and I am not sure if it is just time to change up the supplements or the fact she has been doing things she isn't supposed to like jumping on and off the bed instead of using her stairs.

After reading through this I am going to start her on Connectin and Green Lipid Mussel Powder and see how it goes.
give it a good month....these two in combo...that's how long it took my old lady to show benefits....she had previously been getting just the in clover connectin, but adding in the green lipped mussel powder has made an even bigger difference.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just ordered both. Out of curiosity, I bought the powder from Hare Today, but I couldn't find anything that says powder is better than the pill form. All I could find was all pills aren't created equal. Anybody know anything about it.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I just ordered both. Out of curiosity, I bought the powder from Hare Today, but I couldn't find anything that says powder is better than the pill form. All I could find was all pills aren't created equal. Anybody know anything about it.
My pills are capsules filled with powder so I'm not sure how there is much of a difference. I get mine from swansonvitamins - best site ever :)

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Green lipped Mussel powders are not all created equal...........Find out how they remove the mussel from the shell and then you'll know how good it is.

Reactions: magicre

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Green lipped Mussel powders are not all created equal...........Find out how they remove the mussel from the shell and then you'll know how good it is.
do you know what brands are better, or what the correct way it should br removed from the shell so I know what to look for.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Figured I'd post an update in this thread.

A new supplier to our store wanted us to carry a new joint supplement, an elk velvet one. Gave me a bunch of samples so I could try it with Riddle, since she's had so many joint issues. So I took her off the Connectin and switched to the new supplement.

Huge, HUGE difference. In less than 2 weeks, she was stiff, limping after exercise, and asking me to carry her down the stairs again. Less energy and didn't want to go go go so much. A week after restarting the Connectin, she was all fired up and tearing around the house again, demanding exercise, and treating the stairs like no big deal.

So I have to say, I'm definitely sticking with the Connectin!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Figured I'd post an update in this thread.

A new supplier to our store wanted us to carry a new joint supplement, an elk velvet one. Gave me a bunch of samples so I could try it with Riddle, since she's had so many joint issues. So I took her off the Connectin and switched to the new supplement.

Huge, HUGE difference. In less than 2 weeks, she was stiff, limping after exercise, and asking me to carry her down the stairs again. Less energy and didn't want to go go go so much. A week after restarting the Connectin, she was all fired up and tearing around the house again, demanding exercise, and treating the stairs like no big deal.

So I have to say, I'm definitely sticking with the Connectin!
I have used the Elk antler velvet before on Macy, and Nothing.
I just recently got some Oma's pride advanced mobility, I liked the ingredients...

Ingredients:
Glucosamine Sulfate, Green Lipped Shell Mussel, Saccaromyces Cerevisiae, Kelp, Spirulina, SOD (Super Oxide Dimutase), Dicalcium phosphate, Ester C®** , Ascorbic Acid, Methylsulfonal Methane (MSM), Yucca Schidigera, Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Silicate, Bromelain (Fruit sourced), Horsetail, Tumeric, Gelatin (Vegetable sourced)

Suggested usage: 1 tablespoon per 50lbs of bodyweight fed daily
Guaranteed Analysis: Calcium (not less than).................................2.0%
Calcium (not more than................................2.5%
Phosphorus (not less than)............................1.4%
Glucosamine SO..........................................6000mg
Methylsulfonal Methane (MSM).....................3600mg
New Zealand Green Lipped Shell Mussel........6000mg
Ester C** ....................................................1000mg
Yucca Schidigera......................................1000mg
Bromelain ...............................................1000mg
Tumeric....................................................800mg
Super Oxide Dimutase .............................. 150mg
Microbial Count.......................................1 Billion

if this doesn't work I am going to try the connectin