Dog Food Chat banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
3 out of my 4 dogs do not get heartworm preventative. Why the one is on them ~is because he was started on them as a puppy and I continued for one more year and then he will be off them. My dogs seem to do fine without the medication. My dog also uses Interceptor which is the only one I would use. I really will not have any dogs on this after I am done with the dose my last dog has! My dogs have all done very well without the meds. This is also the very first year I used a flea and tick preventataive Vectra~3D you can only get this at the vets. Its expensive but comparable to advantix and such. To me it was a better quality and suppose to actually prevent ticks from staying on the dogs! Well I put it on 3 dogs & no bad reactions and asked the vet about this. They also said they have had no one say they had any re~action to this. I did not put this on my 10 year old dog I just didn't want to put it on a senior dog! So far so good walks and no ticks which is what I have been waiting to see but I am not holding my breath here haha! No fleas at all either but this I have never had a problem with its just the ticks! So as for the heartworm prevenatative I have had no problems with the dogs useing it and not useing it. I wouldn't use it if it was causing problems! More harm than good!:smile:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.