Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to vent my frustration somewhere.... :mad:

Noticed this morning that there were some odd charges from Dell on my PayPal debit card. I called Dell and asked them what they were for.

Come to find out they were 5 individual orders for Wii games shipped to 4 different houses.

There were also 2 orders thru Walmart.com as well...

Seems like some punk kid managed to get my CC info and order games for him and his friends....

Fortunately the charges will be reversed so that's not as bad as it could have been. At least I caught it right away and shut the card down

Fast forward a few hours later... I noticed 2 kids hanging out by my truck. I didn't think anything of it because we have a LOT of kids in the neighborhood. I guess I'm just numb to them.

I look out a little while later and the passenger window in my truck is shattered and the brand new inverter I bought on our road trip is gone. :eek:

Unfortunately I didn't SEE them do it so unless the cops happen to see them, question them, and they still have it, there's not much they can do. Little a$$hats slung a rock through the window to get in.

What a day I'm having so far... will someone please bring me a few beers???

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
What a crappy day! (I'd say the other word but I'd get in trouble) Sorry this happened! A friend on facebook was posting about not befriending these two people cause they would hack in and steal all your info, I hope thats not what happened to you. Good thing for insurance.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
That really sucks!, can't you claim the inverter too?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Better knock on wood! Good grief, what a day! Glad to hear the charges were reversed, that's always so frustrating. Sorry about the window!

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
What a huge bummer!!! :mad:

Several years ago when I was using my Paypal account I had someone get into my account and purchase over $5,000 dollars worth of computer stuff. I was sooo pissed. I did get all my money back, but I have never used paypal again. I am terrified of online banking and Paypal. LOL.

People like this and those kids make me so mad! :mad:

I hope your day gets better and I'd bring you a beer if I lived closer! :smile:

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Yep, that happened to me a couple years back with my American Express card, I purchased something online and a week later I get a call from them asking if I was purchasing all these things from an online website, they knew I didn't often order stuff online I guess. They actually caught the person because they were shipping to a address in Michigan.

·
Registered
148 Posts
:biggrin:If I were you I would add a couple of shots to those beers you requested earlier!

Hope your day gets better.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Big bottle of Arrogant Bastard Ale comin' at cha! That's what you got when you were here, right?

Man, sounds like you're having a crappy day! I wonder if the kids who *allegedly* broke into your truck had something to do with the stolen funds... I mean, it's KINDA a strange coincidence, isn't it? You found out that you were being robbed (and Wii games were purchased, for crying out loud), put the kibosh on it, then your truck gets broken into? Hmmmm...

Well, I hope things get better for you soon!

Oh, and I was only kidding about the Arrogant Bastard Ale. Not quite worth the shipping. Plus, you have much better stuff locally!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Well that certainly stinks! :frown:Hope you catch the thieves! Sorry to see that. And Yuck what a way to get the day started! Horrible! Some idiots think they can do whatever they want! Catch them and prosecute!

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I want to know how a moderator gets away with saying nasty things on here and every time I say something that isn't half as bad, it gets changed by a moderator! Pretty two sided theories going on. Hmmmmm:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
I want to know how a moderator gets away with saying nasty things on here and every time I say something that isn't half as bad, it gets changed by a moderator! Pretty two sided theories going on. Hmmmmm:rolleyes:
Maybe because I at least didn't see it til now, and no one reported it. Definitely report it next time!!!! Moderators don't get away with breaking rules, rather they should be setting the standard.

Bill- keep your posts clean of offensive language please.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts