Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again,
there is enough written about eggs online to make my head spin. I read that they are great for coat, bad for coat, cooked are better then raw, raw are better then cooked, yolk vs white, one a week, one a day.... Some one must be spreading wrong infos there.
What is the general consensus in this forum (happens to be my favorite)?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Feed whole raw eggs with or without shell. I feed them once a week. There is nothing wrong with feeding them every day if your dog's digestive system tolerates it. They are a great source of nutrients.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I feed the whole egg (minus the shell because my dogs won't eat it) once a week but if you want to feed it more often than that, then go for it!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dog eats the whole egg including the shell. It seems natural to me even that I made no studies to back that up.
But I don't understand why so many people are saying over the net that the white is not good for dogs., frankly.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I feed an egg or 2 a week, plus whenever I'm cooking I'll usually give Bailey the shells...she loves em. She'll sit next to me waiting for one as soon as I take the eggs out.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
That's what I am afraid of.
But would that be so for us or other mammals,
I think this biotin definiency is kinda misleading. If you feed eggs in moderation, not too many like a half dozen a day or so, then there should be nothing to worry about. If there was a serious problem with feeding eggs on a regular, moderate basis, my dogs and probably a lot of others would be very sick.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Nothing wrong with a raw egg once a week, I do it with my dog shell and all, I have to mix it into his dry/canned food, or he won't eat the shell.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Another egg question: Can I just feed the yolk and shell? Mostly because I prefer to eat only the whites and I don't want to waste the yolks. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Another egg question: Can I just feed the yolk and shell? Mostly because I prefer to eat only the whites and I don't want to waste the yolks. Thanks!

I don't see there being a problem with it. As long as you do it in moderation that is. I usually just give the yolk only, since I only eat the whites...and my dogs wont eat eggshells.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Probably a few times a week. I'll freeze the ones I don't use. Most of the time mine will eat the shells. I always offer and if they don't I toss them.

Thanks for your reply!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts