Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
What do you all think of Wellness Simple Solutions? Is it a good food?

Wellness Simple Food Solutions® Rice & Duck Formula
first ignridient is ground rice,followed by a water inclusive meat...id rate this food 1 star out of six.

wellness core would be a better option. i think for allergic dogs if you get a limited proteinsource grain free food, it will be better than the allergy foods. try wellness core ocean if its in your price ranges.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
first ignridient is ground rice,followed by a water inclusive meat...id rate this food 1 star out of six.
I think that's a bit harsh of a rating. One star foods have a lot of super low quality fillers, like corn, wheat, and soy... rice isn't the absolute low end grain, and there is nothing wrong with water inclusive meat.

Depending on the reason for being on a "simple food," there are better options. If the reason for a limited ingredient list is food allergies, I think the California Natural line is about as good as it gets. In fact, it's the only "allergy" food I think is even acceptable.
ETA: California Natural IS grain inclusive, so if grains are the culprit, and they often times are, then it will be no good and you will want a grain free food, unless the dog has a very sensitive stomach, in which case, there aren't many reasonable routes to go.

If the reason is for sensitive tummy issues, I actually still recommend California Natural, and definately NOT a super rich grain free food, because dogs with sensitive tummies tend to do worse on rich foods like that, even if they are considered more "ideal."

I can't think of any other reason to need a "simple" food... so I'll leave it at that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked at California Natural..I think I am going to go with that. My vet wanted to put us on Royal Canin Hypoallergenic. I just can't do that. I think this will be a good alternative right?. :) THANK YOU FOR THE HELP!

·
Registered
57 Posts
for our pup with allergies, we've had great results with California Naturals... i feed him the puppy lamb and rice formula to take advantage of the slightly higher protein content. hopefully it works for you guys too :)

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Linsey, igave it one star because it has no more emat than any other 1 star food ive seen. the only meat isee, is fresh duck listed second(not even first!) and we all know itd probably be better listed as 18 after its dried.
i give foods with grains and fillers that have chicken meal,turkey meal,salmon meal as the first ingridient a 2 star rating...if thats not met then they dont get that.

of course the more emat and less fillers,i would increase the star. i was feeding canidae for a long time, but after looking at the new formula id give it a 4,as opposed to the 5 star it gets on dfa.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts