Dog Food Chat banner

121 - 140 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I don't know how you do it Hayley. I've eliminated mostly all man made sources of sugar in my diet for a month, it might be longer but my brains not good, I'm not coping very well. I haven't been so strict on the natural sugars, but have made a concentrated effort to cut those down as well.
And, HELL'S BELL'S is it hard. What I would do for a chocolate bar or chocolate chip merianges, or chocolate cheesecake or chocolate cake, or banana bites or pascals hard jubes, or jaffa's, or jetplanes, oh God, I've got to stop thinking about this.
Big, Huge Sigh. All I can say is that I had better live a hell of a lot longer.....
I'd do a bit of research into the natural sugars too - just because they're natural, doesn't mean they're ok to eat :wink: my guess would be that the natural and hidden sugars are still creeping into your diet and they're feeding your sugar addicition, which makes you crave it even more, because your body hasn't detoxed from it. Dunno if there's any truth to that, but it makes sense in my head haha

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
No one has posted in here for awhile so I thought I'd do an update.

I'm actually starting my program over today. I finally seem to have a handle on my migraines through a whole change in eating (Thanks again Re!!) and I saw my neurologist this week and she was thrilled with my progress. Unfortunately the process of getting to that point made me actually gain weight and raise my BMI since the first of March!

So today I started the P90x program that I've heard so much about from some of you. And I actually survived my first day of it! I even filled in all the little excel charts they give you. I'm only going to have 60 days to catch up with the rest of you in the contest now, and I'm starting at a higher weight and BMI then I was before, but we'll see how it goes. It'll either make me buff or kill me. :becky:

·
Registered
839 Posts
Way to go chowder :) I have still been keeping at it but had a 5 day set back, lol. When ever I have puppies on the ground my diet goes out the window because my schedule is all over the place. Thankfully this litter seems to be going well so today I was able to get back on track :)

Hope every one else is doing well! Keep it up and remember, just because you have a couple of bad days doesnt mean your goal can't be reached.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
We are on day 47 of 92....so just about halfway through.

No one else is logging their workouts at all except Penny :frown:

What gives?!?!

Everyone still working out?!?!

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
I'm sorry, its been super hectic on my end with roommate issues, trying to find a new place to live and exams, I just forget to log my workouts.
As long as you are still staying focused and making healthy choices! This isn't a points game anyways...its about body fat % so its all up in the air!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
As long as you are still staying focused and making healthy choices! This isn't a points game anyways...its about body fat % so its all up in the air!
Right choices exactly...
I'm down 22#'s now since the 31st... 1 week of p90x... damaged my ankle with Plymetrics :lol: had a week off and still lost 1 lb per day with proper diet :thumb:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Right choices exactly...
I'm down 22#'s now since the 31st... 1 week of p90x... damaged my ankle with Plymetrics :lol: had a week off and still lost 1 lb per day with proper diet :thumb:
I havent stayed up to workoutrageous at all, but I still work out and lost 7 lbs so far :) so 10 more to go.
Huge congratulation to the both of you. It isn't easy putting off so much weight in such a short time.

I'm still working out. I just never get around to logging it. The dogs make extra sure I get at least 2 work outs in daily.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
I haven't been doing any form of exercise since Mol hurt her leg. I just can not walk out that door without her, just can't do it, she's part of me and I can't stand the confusion on her face when I get ready and walk out the door without her. Hoping to ease back in to it on Wednesday, even if its just walking up the road and taking her swimming afterwards.
Good thing is that I've lost weight, just by cutting portions and, I think, cutting down on fat and non natural forms of sugar, and, not eating a loaf of fresh french bread all on my lonesome has helped. :/
And, you know what, I got taken out by a german shepherd at the dog park some years ago and it really hurt my knee. The MCL to be exact. So, over the past few years I've been fitted for expensive walking and running shoes, but every month or so my knee still hurt like a SOB. Anyway, a month or so ago and I went and got some Merrall barefoot shoes, no support at all, and I LOVE them, no sore knee, nothing! I now walk like nature intended, I think.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Anyway, a month or so ago and I went and got some Merrall barefoot shoes, no support at all, and I LOVE them, no sore knee, nothing! I now walk like nature intended, I think.
What style did you get? I absolutely HATE wearing shoes and I'm always looking for a pair of sneakers that are comfortable to walk long distances in. I usually wear a pair until they are about worn out, and that's when they are finally comfy to me. I just broke down and got a new pair of New Balance and I haven't worn them yet, they are just too 'new' and stiff. I'm thinking these barefoot things sound ideal!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Sorry, havent logged into workoutrageous because I have very little time to do anything right now other than eat (which hasnt been great choices), sleep (what I can actually get) and raise puppies (takes up 80% of my day). I am currently on puppy watch, expecting a very large litter and am stressed the heck out!! I will try to get back on track but it isnt happening this week . Hope everyone is doing great! Keep it up and log some workouts for me :)

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Glad to hear you guys are still in the competition! I had hoped you all still were doing your best!

I'm still working out everyday, most days 2-3 times per day. I completed p90x and now have moved on to X2 which is a challenge which I really like!

I won my last competition (with 20 other people) by a long shot. The person in second lost 4% less than I did! My final numbers were:

10% body fat lost

25 pounds lost

I feel incredible! I've never been this ripped LOL

Keep up the good work people!

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Glad to hear you guys are still in the competition! I had hoped you all still were doing your best!

I'm still working out everyday, most days 2-3 times per day. I completed p90x and now have moved on to X2 which is a challenge which I really like!

I won my last competition (with 20 other people) by a long shot. The person in second lost 4% less than I did! My final numbers were:

10% body fat lost

25 pounds lost

I feel incredible! I've never been this ripped LOL

Keep up the good work people!

You're doing great!!

I had a set back and actually gained weight when I went through a big batch of migraines. But, I've started over again with a tyramine free/ no artificial anything diet and exercise and lost 4 pounds of the weight I had gained. It sures goes on a lot easier then it comes back off!

But, I keep forgetting to post what I do on the workout site. I'll try and remember. I don't think that I'm going to be a threat to anyone unless a miracle happens in the next month though.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
What style did you get? I absolutely HATE wearing shoes and I'm always looking for a pair of sneakers that are comfortable to walk long distances in. I usually wear a pair until they are about worn out, and that's when they are finally comfy to me. I just broke down and got a new pair of New Balance and I haven't worn them yet, they are just too 'new' and stiff. I'm thinking these barefoot things sound ideal!
These are the one's I got Chowder. These ones have a very, very slight amount of cushioning, which I decided might be good for transitioning to the full barefoot ones. Especially since I walk on tarseal all the time. I've found that you naturally walk differently than when wearing padded shoes, the ball area of the foot strikes first as opposed to the heel.
I'm going to get some of the pace gloves when we go up north in a couple of weeks. They'll have a better selection than our little shop here.
But, boy, you really notice the difference. I love them, totally converted. Even my Teva sandals? The brand I've worn since I came to the States? They're out the door, I'm going to be doing barefoot sandals from here on in!

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
These are the one's I got Chowder. These ones have a very, very slight amount of cushioning, which I decided might be good for transitioning to the full barefoot ones. Especially since I walk on tarseal all the time. I've found that you naturally walk differently than when wearing padded shoes, the ball area of the foot strikes first as opposed to the heel.
I'm going to get some of the pace gloves when we go up north in a couple of weeks. They'll have a better selection than our little shop here.
But, boy, you really notice the difference. I love them, totally converted. Even my Teva sandals? The brand I've worn since I came to the States? They're out the door, I'm going to be doing barefoot sandals from here on in!

I went to their website and those were the ones that I actually thought would be good for me to try for my first pair, since they do have a little bit of cushioning. I walk everywhere, from paved roads to dirt, to fields. Now the trick is to find them the cheapest!

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Make sure you try them on.....I'm an eight in these shoes, but I bought another pair of their 'going out' sandals on Saturday, and I'm only a 7 in those. I'm glad as I very nearly bought them on-line and it would have been a right pain in the ar$e sending them back.
I looked around on-line too, and they are generally pretty much the same price everywhere. But, if you do happen across somewhere where they are cheaper, make sure you send me a link!!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Hows everyone doing? I'm down 12 lbs so far and starting to notice already, its nice being able to fit into my skinny jeans.
I've refined my diet due to my gallbladder issues and I cant eat most animal product (except fish) because they make me physically ill. So its been mostly whole grains and salads, some fruit. I think cutting out bread and cheese has contributed a lot to the weight loss.

I still have about 10 lbs to go to get to 150 , but it would really depend on how I feel about my body once I get down to 155, I may not want to go any lower since I start to look too lanky for my height.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I haven't worked out at all but I still dropped like 5-6 lbs since the comp started...hopefully it will continue in that direction.

Reactions: DaneMama
121 - 140 of 151 Posts