Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok we are doing great!! All 4, Olie will still get a bile puke from time to time and I still think I need to do the snacks around 9pm to get them through the night without the BP>

When I have a question I just check other threads and some other former newbie already asked! So this forum has been a great starter for us with Raw.

My question is - their stools are good,,,,,,,well great actually:wink: and I have moved into turkey the last week or so and again they are doing well. Can we move a little faster into other proteins or just stick it out a couple more weeks with poultry?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
I would still go at it slow. Even though everything is going great so far there really is no need to rush and run the risk of taking a few steps backwards rather than making progress. Every dog is different, some would do just fine going at it faster but others wouldn't and it's hard to get an idea of how your dogs would handle it.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I agree with Natalie, I would move slow still because you don't want to ruin it when things are going so well!
I feed a different meat every night, and once I get to the point you're at, I add one new kind of meat per week. If it goes smoothly, then once all the "regular" meats I feed on a weekly basis have been introduced, i introduce heart and organs slowly. The only time i moved a little faster than this was with a puppy, as they tend to take to it easier because their systems haven't had years of kibble damage.
I'd just move forward introducing one new thing a week, and you should see a pretty easy transition. Glad (though not suprised:wink:) to hear things are going so well!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Based on reviewing the site - I will be sure to stick with your advise and the program. Thanks a bunch!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts