1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Considering how small it is I wouldn't take him to the vet right now, since they wont be able to do much about it, unless you want it surgically removed.

When did you first notice it? Has it gotten bigger? Does it seem to cause him pain or itchiness?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^I noticed it maybe about 3-4 days ago. Yeah, I think it has gotten bigger. Is there anything I can do to make it smaller?

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Well, at this point I wouldn't do anything to it. If its something that *needs* to be taken off (ie cancer) it will need to get a bit bigger to even be able to do an accurate biopsy.

It looks to me like just a minor irritation at this point or possibly a bug bite. Does it seem to bother him?

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
My friend, who is a soon to be DVM, said it's an ingrown hair.
Its a possibility. Bailey gets them on occasion and I just pull the hair out with tweezers. If he will let you get a closer look at it and see if there is a hair that needs to be pulled...go ahead and try it.

At this point, if it were my dog...I would just keep an eye on it. To me it doesn't look like something serious enough to go the the doc. BUT if it starts to get bigger and bigger and changes color/shape...then I would take him in.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its a possibility. Bailey gets them on occasion and I just pull the hair out with tweezers. If he will let you get a closer look at it and see if there is a hair that needs to be pulled...go ahead and try it.

At this point, if it were my dog...I would just keep an eye on it. To me it doesn't look like something serious enough to go the the doc. BUT if it starts to get bigger and bigger and changes color/shape...then I would take him in.
I'll see if there is a hair there that I can pull out. If not, then I'll just keep an eye on it. Thanks...

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did pull out a hair from the center last night with some tweezers. He didn't mind it at all...

If an ingrown hair is the case, how long should it take for the wart thing to disappear?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts