Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My name is Brandi and I live in Dewey, OK on 5 acres with my husband. We have 2 horses, 8 chickens, 4 dogs and 5 cats.

This year didn't start out so good. My German Shepherd Tex got hit by a truck took him to the vet (after hours of course) x-rays taken, he stayed overnight at the clinic where they gave him pain killers and fluids (for shock). The next morning they took blood his liver enzymes were high so he was sent home with antibiotics and pain killers. Took him back a week or so later so they could take more blood to see how his liver was doing. It was good and to get a couple of needle aspirations from a lump from his chest. Results showed that he did have spindle cell sarcoma, so Friday he went back for surgery to have the lump removed. Results from that did show the first diagnoses was correct that it was Spindle Cell Sarcoma Grade 1 which is good. So, soon after he got better I started him on a raw diet. Started him on chicken on the 26th of March... he and I have been through a lot in the last 3 months. The cancer has not returned but I am checking him quite often.

Just wanted another resource to come to on our raw diet journal, I should say he's the only one on raw at the moment. I wanted to see if I could actually do it and afford it, before I put my other 2 on a raw diet.

I am glad to here!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts