Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give you all an update on Casey!

She is doing marvelous! She even has hair on her titties now which she hasn't had for a long time! She smells wonderful and has so much soft thick hair and hasn't scratched in months!

I'm greatful! Not shocked but very happy with how things are going for her. I will never feed another bag of kibble to any dog I own ever again because I've witnessed, first hand, how good RAW really is! Ava has been doing great on it too! :cool:

In other news, I am in the process of a divorce! Don't feel bad or tell me how sorry you are because I'm not! :biggrin: I'll update with pics in a few days. I just wanted to stop in real quick and let you all know how Casey was doing! :cool:

Take care and I'll see ya soon!

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
How life changing in both aspects, good for you and good for the dogs!

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
That's great to hear! I'm so glad she is doing so incredibly well, watching her transformation through threads on this forum has been a great experience, and a true example of the wonders of raw feeding. I can't wait to see the pictures of her!! I'll be waiting for them!:biggrin:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here she is on her pillow at our new home. The girls have adjusted so well too. It's like it was meant to be.

I asked her if I could take her picture... I'm not sure if she was in agreeance or protesting! You decide!

She looks brown. I don't know why but that is the color she's growing back and although it's not black, I couldn't be happier! She is a happy puppy! If you look close enough, you can see she is growing feathers on the back of her legs! She hasn't had those in YEARS!!!

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
She looks great! Doesn't it make you feel good knowing you did the very best for your dog!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a before and after for all those questioning RAW!

This is Casey's absolute worst! The pic is graphic. :eek: :redface: She was miserable and the vet was saying flea allergy. I said NO WAY IN HELL! My gut was screaming FOOD ALLERGY all along and I was right!

9 months after starting RAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only you could rub your hands on that butt, her hair is so soft and she smells so good! I love it and I know she does too!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She looks great! Doesn't it make you feel good knowing you did the very best for your dog!
I could cry a river over feeding her kibble and taking the vet's bs for so long. I am so glad that I can provide her with a painfree life via RAW from here on out and know that she will never have to go through what she's been through ever again.

I know it's the only way for us. THE ONLY WAY! :cool:

Reactions: DaneMama

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
She looks AMAZING! Thank you so much for posting these before and after pictures. I'm so happy for her, and you!:biggrin:

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
I am so glad for you and your dogs! You've done such a wonderful job with both of your furbabies and they will thank you for the rest of their lives. I'm glad that you found us here and could give her a chance at a normal, healthy life. I wish the best for you in the upcoming change in your life and hope that it goes as smoothly as possible! It will open up many possibilities for you!

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
if that's not a testimonial for raw, i don't know what is...

i can feel your happiness through the keyboard..and your casey looks wonderful!

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
That older photo's of Casey just breaks your heart. It must have been so distressing for you to see her suffering so much and not being able to help her. She looks awesome now, a normal happy dog. Just wondering; have you taken her back to the same vet who was telling you it was flea allergies?
Congratulations too on your new life and moving on. Life is too short to be miserable.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Since starting Casey on RAW, she hasn't really needed to see the vet and since moving, I have gotten her into a new vet. :biggrin:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you so much for your story and pictures. It is very inspirational. I am about to start on our raw food journey. My dog is really miserable with her skin allergies and itching and has been suffering for way too long. DH was talking about putting her down. I cant even begin to imagine. So Im really hoping this will be her saving grace. I will be posting pics up in a separate thread when we get this thing going. Thank you again!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hope your husband is on board with it and can give it time. Mine wasn't! :frown: I did not expect Casey to heal so quickly though. Her transformation was amazing and I'm so happy she has done so well. I wish you and your pup only the best! Don't give up and never give in. :cool:

·
Registered
148 Posts
All I can say is WOW, what a story! Congrats to you and Casey! You guys make a great team.... Embrace the future for both of you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
She might turn black still. Our black Dane turns brown when he's blowing his coat and that's happening right now. He gets so brown we get a lot of "what do you call that color?" A Zoom Groom will pull out any dead hair. Even though she's growing in hair, she can still be shedding it out at the same time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts