Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These should be okay for Flip right? He's 40lbs.
I know they're fine for Jack (12lbsish) because he does awesome with chicken necks.

·
Banned
493 Posts
of course! turkey necks are one of the first things you should introduce along with chicken backs and quarters.

Reactions: spookychick13

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't sure because of his size...
Thanks.

·
Banned
493 Posts
I wasn't sure because of his size...
Thanks.
no it's fine. it's better to have the bone big for the dog than too small so they don't swallow it whole. just try not to get the turkey necks that are pre cut for this could be risky of your dog swallows them whole all the time. in their whole form though they are more than fine:smile:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am more concerned about the standard poodle pup, he has a big mouth! ;)

I also scored some duck necks.

Wooowooo.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Yeah, turkey necks are GREAT!!

The ones I ordered from our butcher were really big. Ania LOVES them.

But I bought some Foster Farm ones from the grocery store after Thanksgiving, and they had been cut smaller. I couldn't tell this from the package. I decided to feed them anyway. Ania actually puked one of them back up about 15 minutes after eating it!

I guess I learned a couple things from this. 1: inspect the packages better, :mad: and 2. It's true! If a dog is having trouble ingesting something, most of the times, they'll work it out on their own. :biggrin:

Richelle

·
Banned
493 Posts
Yeah, turkey necks are GREAT!!

The ones I ordered from our butcher were really big. Ania LOVES them.

But I bought some Foster Farm ones from the grocery store after Thanksgiving, and they had been cut smaller. I couldn't tell this from the package. I decided to feed them anyway. Ania actually puked one of them back up about 15 minutes after eating it!

I guess I learned a couple things from this. 1: inspect the packages better, :mad: and 2. It's true! If a dog is having trouble ingesting something, most of the times, they'll work it out on their own. :biggrin:

Richelle
i made the same mistake by feeding lucky cut up pork ribs. she vomited as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts