Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you fed this before?
It was on sale at my local grocery store for .89 a pound as 'previously frozen'.
Flip and Jack mowed it down (I cut it up to weigh it for them) but some of the bones Flip left were really really sharp looking.
I know I am being a paranoid mommy, but has anyone had issue with this?

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I have, but the turkey I feed is generally just stuff I cut at home off of a whole turkey.
I generally am not concerned with pountry bones being cut funky, because they're so easy for my dogs to chew, they get through them so easily.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He just left a few 'shards' of the bone on his towel and they seemed sharp...I am just being silly I'm sure.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
They are really nothing to worry about at all. They may seem sharp, and this might sound silly, but try and cut your finger on one...it doesn't work because they are so brittle. Poultry bones are very easily digested so those shards don't stay that way for long at all in their tummies. Put your mind at ease!!!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK! Done being an overprotective owner.

You'd think I'd know better having to deal with overprotective owners at work all day. ;)
I guess it's better to be safe than sorry for all of us.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Of course its best to be safe than sorry!!! Don't feel bad about asking any question...that is what we are all here for. Support and information :wink:

I'm still an overprotective dogmom...

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
OK! Done being an overprotective owner.

You'd think I'd know better having to deal with overprotective owners at work all day. ;)
I guess it's better to be safe than sorry for all of us.
Don't ever feel like you're asking too many questions. That's the best way we can all exchange information and learn :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts