Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I’m a proud owner of a 1year old black working line German Shepherd but, he’s a picky raw eater. Here for help

·
Registered
2 Posts
be patient a dog will take up to several days of not eating or being very picky - most often larger dogs experience gastric adjustment (vomit, diarrhea,) as they becomes adjusted - will eat a lot of grass as well.. feeding frozen broccoli as treats helps - eventually they will eat the food you offer.. will not starve themselves to prove a point - they are not as dumb as humans. Make sure food ingredients contain meat and not "meat meal" as the first listed ingredients with proper amounts (ratios) of proteins, grains, vegies, ash, carbs etc...look on the back... Remember, Dogs are Omnivores not carnivores... avoid using treats as a reward for good behavior in a training environment, use a toy of some sort - my guys like cheap tennis balls. I keep an "open bowl" available to feed. At end of day, stow it until next day. Do your research use reputable sources (not internet couch potatoes) on proper care and feeding - military, police dog mushers etc... you don't have to be as strict but you will start to realize they truly love their working animals and try to do whats best - sometimes their lives depend on their companions just like their companions depend on them. Just and old guy from Alaska who has had many dogs.... just recently adopted a 4 yr old ... yellow lab husky mix... smarter than i am ... :)) still learning... oh yes provide a big bucket of clean water - change daily - they really do drink a lot - if urine is too dark or very orange go see a good Vet..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts