Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I would think that tripe would be in a class of its' own, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm gonna say no, because tripe is the undigested contents in the stomach of cows, deer....
I'm not sure I'm describing it correct but tripe isn't meat at all. There are others here who can describe it much better than I can.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
I would think it's more of an organ if I were to classify it based on nutrition AND function. Green tripe is the intestine which holds the digested food of a large ungulate such as a cow.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
The calcium phosperous (did I spell that right?) ratio is pretty 1 to 1 on tripe, and that is why alot of people feed it to their dogs. Yeah it definitely is an organ and it smells like one too.:eek:

·
Registered
474 Posts
what do cows eat? and this "organ" tripe is green? why is it green and what is in it when the dog eats it?

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Its not really green, they just call it green because its in its natural state, its more of a puke brownish color and the lamb tripe I got in the whole form was whitish in color.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would think it's more of an organ if I were to classify it based on nutrition AND function. Green tripe is the intestine which holds the digested food of a large ungulate such as a cow.
I always thought tripe was the stomach of the animal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts