Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to add some tripe to the dogs kibble, and I found some at the grocery but if I am not mistaken, the white tripe normaly found in stores is not as good, correct? If not I won't get any and I will keep looking.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
No, the white tripe has been bleached so there are no more nutrients left in it. They do have some tripe that is raw but it smells so horrible you will want to to die and it made my dogs' gas so bad I actually thought my nose was going to pack up and leave in protest. If you want to add tripe, I'd recommend either going with this stuff: GreenTripe.Com Main Index

or go with canned green tripe. I prefer the Merrick BG tripe because it's relatively inexpensive and just has tripe and water in it. However, it is very soft and soupy, some people prefer the Tripett brand which is much harder, but has some more stuff in it, minimal though, and it is MUCH firmer. *shrug* I prefer the BG so that's what I went for and my dogs love it. I mix it with their canned mackerel and egg once a week.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I just ordered a case of the tripe/trach chubs from Green Tripe.com through the raw feeders co-op I belong to and I can tell you, it's a lot cheaper to get in on a large quantity order.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks yall! Glad I held off of the tripe at the store. I will look into the other sources.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts