Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a raw food co-op near me and was given a sample of green tripe and offal. Maybe 3 or 4 pounds of each. Stuff smells nasty, just nasty. The only thing I can compare it to is a dirty indoor petting zoo with the heat cranked up.

Having said that, Cali absolutely goes nuts for it!!! As soon as I took the bags out of the cooler she was on me and wouldn't leave me alone until I gave her some. I've just started giving a few ounces with a meal a few times a week and when she hears the ziploc bag open she comes a running.

Not sure if it's as good as it's hyped up to be but Cali sure loves it.

Does anybody else feed this nasty stuff?

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I feed Canned tripe by Trippet, it's 100% natural and they have 3 different types, the dogs really love the green lamb tripe, I just got some Green beef with salmon & duck, I'll feed a can to the dogs a week to give them the extra enzymes I think they need, and their coats look amazing, but boy does the crap stink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Fresh tripe smells so awful it makes me want to vomit. Compared to that canned tripe is not so bad :smile:

I split a can the Merrick BG tripe between my dogs once a week and they absolutely love it! Not sure if it's all that spectacular for them or not, but they sure do love it and their coats do seem a little softer with it, but I could just be imagining things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts