Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I don't know whether this is supposed to go here, so if it needs to be moved, have at it, mods.

Anyways, I'm kind of curious as to what some of you raw feeders give your dogs as treats. I mean, in my opinion, it seems like nothing can get better than the raw meat itself, as that's what dogs eat by nature, but what if you want something that is just for treats, something that's not a staple part of their diet, but something that they'll absolutely love? Is there any type of meat that your dogs generally love that you save to use as treats? Or is there ways of cooking things (even if it loses its nutrition) where it'll taste better to the dogs?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I use the fat trimmings from mine & my husband's meat. I cut them into little cubes and freeze them. And Ania likes 'em! I also use fish oil caplets as treats.

Richelle

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Our top 2 "treats" are

1. Beef ribs - We'll give each girl a meat on rib bone or two. Takes a while to clean off the meat and then they love gnawing the bones long after

2. Pet Botanics Healthy Omega Treats - They have a VERY simple ingredient list and the dogs LOVE them
**OMEGA Treats Tuna 3oz (BEST BY: 12/2009) from King Wholesale Pet Supplies

Dogs seem to love dehydrated liver treats

If we buy other treats at the pet store we'll spend a good 40 minutes reading labels finding high quality treats with the best ingredients

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
I second the hot dog suggestion...I know that they are kinda gross but they work and are pretty darn appropriate considering the ingredients.

I cut them up into tiny pieces since it doesn't matter how big the treat is when you give it to the dog, its the fact that you give them the treat that matters. At least for training purposes!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts