Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question for my fellow RAW feeders..

what do you guys like to feed for treats..
we like ziwi peak a lot! :smile:

have any of you ever dehydrated your own meat? made treats?

i'd love to hear...... :biggrin:

also.. anyone give their dogs vitamins/supplements/etc. along with their RAW diets...? Avery is given cosequin (glucosamine) as she has luxating patellas.

just curious.. :wink:

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
i have a question for my fellow RAW feeders..

what do you guys like to feed for treats..
we like ziwi peak a lot!
For treats, I just feed commercial treats. They make up such a small part of the diet and to be inconsequential.

have any of you ever dehydrated your own meat? made treats?
I never have.

also.. anyone give their dogs vitamins/supplements/etc. along with their RAW diets...? Avery is given cosequin (glucosamine) as she has luxating patellas.
I just started my 8 1/2 year old Great Dane Glucosamine but thats the only supplement I give.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
My dogs get some Missing Link (separate from their raw though) to help keep the shedding down even more. We have a big house, lots of carpet, and 4 dogs, every little bit helps.

For treats I like to go to the doggy boutique stores where they have a ton of samples of only really high quality kibble (and even then, I only grab the grain-free versions). They make the best training treats ever, they're relatively healthy, and they're FREE! (that's the best part)

·
Registered
29 Posts
supplements for raw

I give my dogs flaxseed oil and vitamin e with the raw diet. two get cosequin and I have been giving two of them glandular tabs for renal and immune issues.

treats... i dont buy them. I will make dried chicken or beef liver for the dog that goes out to show. i just make strips and place in low heat oven for a few hours. and of course the kids will occasionally give them something they are eating, but not much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts