Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have suggestions for treats on a raw diet? My dog is reactive and requires small, frequent, "clean" treats on walks. I used kibble pieces in the past, but now I'm not sure what would be best for her. It's definitely not an option to carry around bits of raw meat every time we go out - especially in summer!

I've tried freeze-dried liver treats, but they're pretty expensive, the pieces are too large, and they tend to crumble into dust. They're also kind of rich for frequent treating...

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
I dehydrate chicken liver, but any boneless meats would work.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I buy dehydrated beef and lamb lung pieces at pet stores. They also sell dehydrated smelt or salmon and stuff, raw feeding sites sell loads of dehydrated goodies. Just avoid commercially sold dehydrated chicken. Too soon..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks again you both! :D

It seems like dehydrated food doesn't have the same problem of being too crumbly. naturalfeddogs, do you use a dehydrator or just the oven when you make your treats?

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
A dehydrator. You can use the oven, but I don't so I don't know what temp or for how long. It also seems to me it would also cook it as well, though vs. a dehydrator.

·
Registered
443 Posts
To use your oven as a dehydrator put the meat/s on a cooling rack on a cookie sheet and set your oven to the lowest temp and keep the door open a little so the heating element doesn't turn off. I made chicken jerky like that for Cricket before

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sometimes when I get hard stuck in a higher elo, I just go to my smurf account and just crush the lower elo players. It is really therapeutic for me since it makes me feel like a winner and alleviates my stress from the higher elo. It is my way of distressing myself from all the toxicity in the higher ranks. Although it may seem unfair at first to the person who is going up against me, it will be a valuable lesson for him when he finishes the pvz full version game and learns from my moves and tactics. Too bad that among us online free does not allow smurfing or else I would have to make a new account and join roblox!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts