Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant recall whether this topic was posted or not. Anyways, Uno is eating raw for the next couple weeks since I stopped by a local market where I can get relatively cheap meat. He is not fond of liver, like a lot of dogs, which got me thinking. Liver being the detoxifier of the body makes me question how much if any of the hormones/antibiotics/steroids remain in the raw liver when fed to the dog. I know that toxins dont stay in it for long, its like a filtration system, but has anyone looked into it to be sure its ok to feed in small ammounts?

thanks

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I cant recall whether this topic was posted or not. Anyways, Uno is eating raw for the next couple weeks since I stopped by a local market where I can get relatively cheap meat. He is not fond of liver, like a lot of dogs, which got me thinking. Liver being the detoxifier of the body makes me question how much if any of the hormones/antibiotics/steroids remain in the raw liver when fed to the dog. I know that toxins dont stay in it for long, its like a filtration system, but has anyone looked into it to be sure its ok to feed in small ammounts?

thanks
Here is an interesting link. It really doesn't answer the question but is very informative none the less. Toxins and the Liver

These may better answer the question.
Eating liver good or bad for you? - Yahoo! Answers
Is eating liver good for you? | Ask Dr. Oz

1 - 2 of 2 Posts