Dog Food Chat banner

381 - 400 of 403 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Interesting over time which foods are still on peoples lists. What about the Taurine issue that pet owners want to see this in their kibble. What top 5 grain free kibbles with taurine be on peoples list.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dog Food is must be full of quality nutrition with a mixed of ingredients Beneful one of the top brand for dog food that keep your dog healthy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Something for the Aussie members:

Stay Loyal

Healthy Everyday pets (Idiot Pete Evans food)

These are the only 2 Aussie brands I feed.

I also add into my rotation:

Holistic Select small breed, which is an American company.

I so wanted my dog to do well on TOTW, but he started vomiting after every meal of it, so had to take that off the list.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not too many brands I like these days lol I have gotten picky

Annamaet
Farmina
Carnilove
Ziwipeak
Oooh yes, i forgot about ziwipeak. I buy the small bags and mix some in to his food container with his regular kibble, a bag lasts a long time doing it this way.

Another Aussie brand i forgot about is Frontier pets, it's a freeze dried food.

·
Registered
5 Posts
1. Recommended Freeze Dried All Meat Diet: True Dog Beef and Range Free Turkey
2. Recommended Freeze Dried Grain-Free/Grass Fed/Organically Grown Dog Food: Stella & Chewy's
3. Recommended Freeze Dried Grain-Free Regionally Grown Dog Food: Origen Freeze Dried Dog Food
4. Recommended Dehydrated Base Meal For Dogs: Honest Pet Food Grain Free Base Mix
5. Recommended Frozen Grain-Free Human Grade Dog Food: Tylee's Beef, Chicken, Turkey & Pork Recipes

·
Registered
87 Posts
Oooh yes, i forgot about ziwipeak. I buy the small bags and mix some in to his food container with his regular kibble, a bag lasts a long time doing it this way.

Another Aussie brand i forgot about is Frontier pets, it's a freeze dried food.
Yea Ziwipeak is awesome stuff. The only downside of it for my dog is that it is soo high in calories and she is old and inactive. That is an awesome idea though!! Mixing it with the bag of kibble. I am going to have to try that. Not only will it stretch the Ziwi much longer but I will not have to worry about too many extra calories. It's like those kibbles with the weird added freeze dried bits but better lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yea Ziwipeak is awesome stuff. The only downside of it for my dog is that it is soo high in calories and she is old and inactive. That is an awesome idea though!! Mixing it with the bag of kibble. I am going to have to try that. Not only will it stretch the Ziwi much longer but I will not have to worry about too many extra calories. It's like those kibbles with the weird added freeze dried bits but better loll
Haha exactly! And the smell and flavour permeate through the rest of the kibble :thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ziwipeak is a great topper but an awful expensive daily feed for two dogs.

If you had to feed a LIMITED INGREDIENT kibble which one would you chose ???

1. CANIDAE..

2. CANINE CAVIAR...

3. FIRST MATE...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ziwipeak is a great topper but an awful expensive daily feed for two dogs.

If you had to feed a LIMITED INGREDIENT kibble which one would you chose ???

1. CANIDAE..

2. CANINE CAVIAR...

3. FIRST MATE...
Is there a reason why you want a limited ingredient food? Any specific ingredient you are trying to avoid? Earthborn makes a limited ingredient food called "Earthborn Venture". Quite a lot of flavour options and they are a pretty decent company imo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My GSD does have some minor-ish allergies so if I don't want to see her itching I choose an LID.

Your choice is actually a good one. I may not be to crazy about the 2nd ingredient....chickpeas Other than that I like it.

I chose Firstmate because 1. made in Canada... 2. human grade food 3. NO pea's of any kind 4. very limited ingredients which may make it easier to determine her allergies so I can then hopefully move her towards a NON LID kibble.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yea out of your three options I would pick Firstmate. Venture does have a pea free flavour, the Pollock one. Just fish and pumpkin which seems like a nice combo. I don't know why they felt the need to add peas to every other flavour lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Me either, and I really like the idea of having other protein choices also.

Thank's for your time and advice. I was feeding INSTINCT which was going fine but my GSD chokes on those darn tiny bites so I had to move on. Just started the Firstmate today so we will see how it goes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If anyone is still reading this... It seems nobody visits this site any more :-(

Here are the ingredients to the latest food in my rotation, I love that it is 36% Protein and contains NO peas/potatoes/legumes to artificially (plant based) bump up the protein content, it is also only 20% carbs and is Australian owned and made.

Turkey and Chicken Meal, Pork Meal, Beef Meal, Tapioca/Cassava, Beef Tallow (preserved with mixed Tocopherols), Fish/Tuna Meal, Beef Broth, Alfalfa, Marine Fish Oil, Coconut Oil, Arrowroot, Whole Egg Powder, Yucca Shidigera, Kelp, Kale, Parsley, FOS, Hydrolysed Yeast, Turmeric, Glucosamine, Green Lipped Mussel, Vitamin Supplements (A, D, E, K, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, B12, Choline, Biotin), Organic Trace Mineral Supplements (Zinc, Iron, Copper, Manganese, Iodine, Selenium), Natural Antioxidants (mixed tocopherols and rosemary extract) Vitamin E, Taurine, Vitamin C., Probiotics (Bacillus subtilis, Bacillus licheniformis) and Multi-Strain Enzyme Blend.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I just remembered about this forum! Life gets busy and then all the good conversations dwindle...

My top 5 foods are vastly different now, they have been for a couple years now because of conversations with Dr. Doolittle on this forum.

I am not sure I have 5 top foods to list, but here are the ones I am happy with:
Purina Proplan
Royal Canin
Hills (science diet, ideal balance)
Fresh pet food rolls (for picky poodle)

Canned and dry for all of these.

381 - 400 of 403 Posts