Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-checking in from Baltimore Md with 2 bullmastiffs, 1 lab/pit mix, 7 cats and 2 new kittens on the way-just started using Flint River pet food-any comments or suggestions?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Some of the Flint River food is very good, just be careful because there are some varieities with wheat in them. But know their fish food is good and there were a couple of others.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi-checking in from Baltimore Md with 2 bullmastiffs, 1 lab/pit mix, 7 cats and 2 new kittens on the way-just started using Flint River pet food-any comments or suggestions?
If you check the internet one of the Highest Rated dog and cat food is Life's Abundance. Their formulas were made by Dr. Jane Bicks who is a Holistic Vet. They do not use any ingredients from asia and is made Fresh in the USA before it is shipped to their customers.

You can get FREE SAMPLES at www.HappyPetsHawaii.com

·
Registered
628 Posts
If you check the internet one of the Highest Rated dog and cat food is Life's Abundance. Their formulas were made by Dr. Jane Bicks who is a Holistic Vet. They do not use any ingredients from asia and is made Fresh in the USA before it is shipped to their customers.

You can get FREE SAMPLES at www.HappyPetsHawaii.com
If I remember right there is Beets and Beet pulp in that food which is very contriversial and something I personally would never feed my dogs, it is also a common allergen for many dogs. Flint River is a better food and there are many other better foods than Life's Abundance out there, such as Wellness, California Natural, Innova, Nature's Variety and a few others. And it is not one of the highest ratest dog and cat foods out there unless it is coming from their own personal site, which IMO doesn't say anything. No offense intended, but it really isn't as great of a food as you want to make it out to be, there are plenty better out there.

I also get the feeling that you possibly are a distributor for this food and sell it and make a profit on it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Healthy Pet Foods

Sorry but I disagree with you in your comments unless you are a Certified Vet?

I have had problems with my dog who is 15 years old and switched to Life's Abundance and have had great improvements with my dogs health.

The Life's Abundance formulation is considered a Natural Formulated Pet Food unlike the others in the market. I subscribe to a newsletter called Healthier Dogs and their comments and reviews on ALL Pet Foods including Natural Pet Foods has been excellent. Here is some of their comments:

Life’s Abundance also contains a superior blend of vitamins, minerals, bacteria cultures that assist digestion, and antioxidants. There are no artificial flavors, colors, sugars, or chemical preservatives - common ingredients in most commercial dog foods.

Dr Jane Bicks is responsible for product formulation and development of Life's Abundance pet food. Dr Bicks is a highly respected and nationally recognized holistic veterinarian. She is the author of three national books on pet care and nutrition and has served on professional boards including the Cornell Feline Health Center.

Not all veterinarians have much idea on good nutrition for dogs, in fact most don't. Conventional vets get most of their information from commercial pet food manufacturers. But if you're fortunate enough to find a good holistic vet, you're much more likely to learn the truth about healthy dog food.

Many of the pet foods in the industry have too much chemical preservatives in them> I am a firm follower of Life's Abundance Formulation and have even spoken directly with Dr. Bicks who is very gracious and concerned about everyones pets health.

You can review some of HEALTHIER DOGS comments as follows:

http://healthierdogs.com/dog_food/best-dog-foods-ranked/#comments

http://healthierdogs.com/index.php?tag=dr-jane-bicks

·
Registered
628 Posts
No, I am not a vet, however I have been told by two differnet certified canine nutritionists that there are studies that are leading to beet pulp contributing to taxing the liver in dogs that are already having high liver enzymes or who have been diagnosed with liver disease. I have also had a certified internal medicine vet tell me the same thing. It is also a well known fact that beet pulp IS a common allergen for many dogs, including one of mine. So disagree all you want but I have no vested interest in this food one way or the other. It is pure and simple fact that there are better foods out there. It isn't bad per se, but it isn't as great as you (who seems to sell it and makes money off of it I might add) make it out to be. I got news for you, I can go to Science Diet's website and see how great and wonderful their product is too and yet most of us know this simply isn't true. I can go to most websites and see how great and wonderful the food is, whether it is true or not depends on the food but really you can spin ingredients and put positive PR on anything you want. A holisitc vet where great at what they do is still NOT a certified nutritionist. You can go to holistic doctors too but they still are not a dietician. I'm not saying the person knows nothing, not by any means but I also don't think that makes them the end all be all of dog foods.

Again, I can read ingredients, there are a couple of I have an issue with, that would be one of them and considering I have had 3 pets with liver problems, I am well read and educated on high liver enzymes and active liver disease and yes, beet pulp IS an ingredient to avoid in animals that already have liver problems and IS a well known common allergen for some dogs. Disagree all you would like, do the research and you'll find the same thing, talk to more than one vet who doesn't have a vested interest in this food. Again I have a hard time swallowing propoganda from someone that makes a profit from it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts