Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
next monday, or the monday after I will be getting a new puppy!
He is a staghound (irish wolfhound/scottish deerhound/ greyhound)
The man who breeds these dogs just sends all the puppies who are not game enough to the pound! :(
Here is a pic of him.
Adopt a Irish Wolfhound: Texas: Petfinder

we are thinking of naming him Gatsby, or Murphy.

I am thrilled! new house, new job, new dog. omg... talk about some stress!

I had every intention on waiting about 6 months before i get another dog. since i will be possibly jobless for a short time, then making a bit less money than i do now. being new home owners... moving...
but i seen this guy on petfinder by chance. these are rare, and puppies are next to impossible to find under $1,000
So i could not pass this guy up.

Hubby is glad we are getting him too. I have been approved, I am not real sure why it doesnt say Adoption Pending on his profile... it is for sure we are getting him.

YAY!!!!

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Congrats on the puppy!!! I like the name Murphy!

Just beware, it's only a matter of time before fourth dog feaver hits, and mind you, it hits hard... harder than third dog feaver, even! I should know, we gave into it this weekend as well! haha!
Can't wait to see more pictures when you get the little fella home!:smile:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so, is there any big difference in owning more than two dogs? I am trying to imagine walking three dogs. and fitting three dogs in the car to go to the dog park. trying to watch three dogs while i am at the dog park. LOL

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
so, is there any big difference in owning more than two dogs? I am trying to imagine walking three dogs. and fitting three dogs in the car to go to the dog park. trying to watch three dogs while i am at the dog park. LOL
Uhhh... yes I noticed a big difference going from two to three.... but not much of one going from three to four.
But in my house, everyone gangs up on grissom, because he's the little guy, so we're excited to have someone more his size... there's a 70 lb difference between him and champ!!! lol

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
haha. I'm going through third dog fever right now, just trying NOT to get a third, especially considering that I, too, am about to be jobless. I love my dogs so much, though.

When I got the second one, it almost seemed to be less work, because I didn't have to entertain the first one all the time anymore. ;) But yeah, fitting three dogs into the back seat of a car can be tricky, although, I might be doing that soon here, because I will be taking in my friend's dog until she's in a better situation. YAY! XD

Oh, and high fives for the new home owners! Just bought a house myself with my husband in September. (Actually bought it so I could GET my dog... *shifty eyes*).

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I foster dogs, so I have had three in the house before but it is like my dogs KNEW that the foster wasnt staying and was going to leave soon. they didnt have much to do with it. I think Lynn will be jealous of Ruckus playing with the new puppy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts