Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Kudos to you! What a wonderful person to do this for our furry friends! Good luck and heres to everything working out just wonderfully!:smile:

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm excited to get started :) They also need help with fundrasing and since I meddle little in photography, I'll try to take some photos of the dogs to help spread the word and get more people to become involved.
This group helps to educate owners, provides necessary vet care, deworms, and spays/neuters all dogs as well as offers food to the most needy.
It operates on a strict no judgement policy and undestands that not all people who keep dogs on chains do so out of malicious intent. Theres a lot of people living below poverty line and cannot afford fencing for their yards.

This small act of kindness helps to bring the community together and slowly change the lives of animals and people for the better.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Theres a lot of people living below poverty line and cannot afford fencing for their yards.
IMO if a person can't afford a fence and won't keep the dog inside, they can't afford the dog. Re-home it.

Congratulations on the work you are doing. I may look into something like that around here if I can find it.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the problem is that majority of the shelters in the rural counties are high kill gassing facilities, a lot of the unwanted animals get dumped there, so it really isnt a better option in this case. Their focus is on prevention as well, not just putting a band-aid on the problem. Lack of education is always the primary concern, and their emphasis is to teach the younger kids about proper animal care before it escalates into neglect or abuse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts