Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gosh, now that I met Zailey yesterday, I am having a hard time sleeping or thinking about anything else outside of her and Annie. I can't WAIT to bring her home! They said I can come by as much as I want to see her, and I was going to try not to be too annoying, and only go about three times a week (that's not TOO annoying, right? lol) but I'm having a really hard time convincing myself not to go after work (and a shower) today.. and tomorrow... and every day.

I was lucky enough with my other dogs to not have found them until they were old enough to go home, and Grissom I only had to wait two weeks for, but I didn't get to meet him before. meeting her made all the difference!

I even had this most amazing dream last night. I'm not sure what was so extraordinary about it, it was pretty much me, Jon, Annie, and Zailey all camping.. but something about it was great, and i can't wait for little Zailey's first camping trip! Ughhh, I never thought a dog could be as perfect as Annie.

ETA: I'm at work, and it's dragging on and on and on. I have a feeling next month will be my least productive month ever with my inability to focus on anything else. lol

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I know how you feel lol. I met Murph at a dog show in Massachusetts.

Once his breeder confirmed he would be placed in a pet home, and we worked out the details, I had to wait a few weeks until I could drive down to PA and get him because I promised my mom I wouldn't bring him home until my semester was over lol.

It was torture LOL. Awful, awful torture. But so worth it in the end!

Love your new girl. How'd you come up with her name? It's very pretty :D

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Yup...I know about the waiting game all too well! :biggrin:

I knew we would be getting a puppy once our breeder confirmed that Duncan's mother was pregnant. So I had to wait all through the dam's pregnancy plus 8 weeks after. It was torture!! :biggrin: The day we brought Duncan home was so exciting! It felt wonderful to hold him in my arms.

I hope the wait goes by fast for you....I'm glad you get to visit your girl a lot....that should help some. :tongue:

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Consider yourself lucky Linsey! I haven't been able to hold my puppy yet! We saw her but the breeder wont even let us touch her until she gets her first puppy shot...which I understand. I'm glad that she is being cautious. Not to mention she lives like 4 hours away, so its not that easy to just go for a quick visit! UGH. Three more weeks....

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
From the other perspective...I'm currently living with a frenchie breeder, and when I got here, I had to wait a few days for the first litter to arrive.

But good God, those few days were torture! Waiting for her to come into labor, getting to the vet, having the c section (I got to be in the room and help get the puppies going! First time ever, very cool experience), and now the weeks of them growing up and developing personalities. They are four weeks now, are walking, playing, and getting their own special personalities. I should post pics in another thread...they are too darn cute.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Oh, it was torture to wait for Bailey to have her puppies two years ago....but all 11 were born without a hitch and they are all happy and healthy! I get to keep track of most of them through Facebook actually....its a great tool for a breeder to keep in touch with all of the adoptive families. We don't have to hound people to send updated pictures, we just can see them for ourselves! So, if anyone here is going to consider breeding, keep in mind that a social network like Facebook is a VERY useful tool!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts