Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just fed the dogs their kibble (almost out, YAY!) and let them out of their crates (because they get fed in their crates). Well, for a minute they went about doing their own thing, then Amaya came around the corner of her crate and saw Ryou standing about three feet away. She stopped and froze, he froze, and they both just stared at each other for about thirty seconds in their 'about to pounce' positions.

Does anyone else's dogs stare each other down before attacking for play? I just thought that it's too funny and too cute to not talk about. XD

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Annie does that all the time.
Stare, stalk, pounce.
I think it's adorable.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha. It's so much fun to just sit back and watch the dogs do what they do best: play.

Dogs and cats, actually.

Tricksie, my little black cat, loves to play with the dogs. She'll run under the futon when Ryou is sitting in front of it, and since the mattress sags to the floor generally, she'll get right there under it where Ryou is sitting and start pushing at the mattress. Ryou will sit there going "WTH?!" And when he finally decides to stick a paw under to see what's going on, Tricksie will stick her own paws out the other way and start batting at him. It's so funny.

I don't often see the dogs stalk each other, so that's why it was so funny this time. Usually they see one another and go "OMG! POUNCE!" I have seen Amaya stalk my dad's deer head before. haha.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Ha this has me laughing! My chocolate lab and ori pei do this! they get that look of I will get you in their eyes and just sit there either in the house or outside and stare each other down then they run at each other and just start playing like bumping each other then the ori pei does like that play bow its so funny! Just hysterical!:biggrin:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Conan and my roommate's dog do this all the time! They'll do it from across the room. Stare, silence, and then they both leap in the air. They also always leap in a circular pattern, like they're dancing around. It's totally cute!

P.S. Love that photo Danemama!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts