Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, I fed Bailey and Barnum something completely different. They each got a medium egg (big sale at grocers the other day for 5 dozen), 8 oz heart, 7 oz canned salmon, and mashed peas and carrots. They may not need the peas and carrots but they sure love them.

Barnum was more interested in the salmon and veggies while Bailey was more interested in the heart and egg.

They've never had whole eggs before only egg shells. I loved watching them figure out what to do with it. Both puppies rolled the eggs around with their noses then tried to pick them up several times until they finally broke open. Barnum was the funniest to watch as he kept eating other things and coming back to the egg to roll it around. Bailey quickly figured what to do with his.

I would say that I've never seen two more satisfied puppies after they ate their dinners. I know when Bailey has his fill and is satisfied. He wipes his face down the hallway wall and along the furniture. LOL

Barnum finished eating and then thoroughly cleaned his area and Bailey's area and bowl.

And for their nighty-night treat, they always get a nighty-night treat, they got a bit of sardine each.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
My dogs love fish and eggs together, but unfortunately for you, lets see if you can get through the smell factor:eek:LOL

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
That sounds like a fabulous dinner! But I wouldn't be surprised if they get loose stools from it. Just be prepared!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Surprisingly, no loose stools.

I think that is because I don't do a lot of meat only meals per week.

No smelly farts so far. :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts