Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figured I'd make one of these. After all, I've spent the last few days stalking this site...it's the least I could do. lol

Well, there's not much to tell about me. I became obsessed with what my dog should eat loong ago. Sadly, I was about 14 when this interest arouse, so the extent of my 'research' was asking the rescue coordinator what food she thought was best and going with that.(It was Eukanuba btw! Ick!) It took me a good 1-2 years before I started to question the ingredients in my doggie's food.

'What on earth IS half this stuff?!' :confused:

And from then on I've been all over the internet gathering information and even buying a few books here and there. Heh, I know all this isn't completely necessary to give your dog a good diet...I just like to read and truthfully it really interests me. :tongue: Some kids like to play sports, I like to read about dogs. lol

I am in NO WAY an expert and find out new things everyday. My main focus of interest is a raw diet, prey model to be exact. I don't feed it to my dog as of yet, but I do pick up RMBs at the store every chance I get and she really loves them. Once I find a job and know I can be consistent with the diet, I'm hoping to switch her over.

Anyway, don't be surprised if you hardly see me around the boards. I tend to be more of a lurker then a poster and I usually find answers to my questions in the archives. I probably will post a few here and there, probably a lot more once I start feeding a raw diet. Also expect to see a few pictures as well! I do love taking photos...

Holy smokes! I told myself this thread would be short and simple. *sigh* This is why I don't do things like this often...I tend to ramble. Hopefully I can make up for it with some pictures:

**EDIT**
Oh jeez, I was so wrapped up in this intro I forgot to introduce my best buddy! xD

The pup above is Samm, a 5 year old GSD. Well, actually I'm not 100% sure if she's purebred, but I'm pretty positive she is... Though, she's only about 45-50 lbs, but I'm sure that's just because she was the runt of her litter. Her sisters looked exactly like her and were about three times her size! I got her from a puppy rescue I volunteered at on the weekend. I could not have asked for a better friend then her! ^^

She is and forever will be my heart dog. <3

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Welcome to the forum, so glad you find your answers here.
Raw is the way to go without a doubt, and you'd be suprised at how affordable it can be. Good for your for taking interest in what your dog eats. It's a shame more people don't do it.

BEAUTIFUL dog, btw. So pretty. I'm glad you posted pictures!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello Minion

I just joined the site myself ..
Nice to have another newbie here ..

Deb

·
Banned
493 Posts
Welcome aboard! Here are a few great websites where you can read about feeding your dog a raw prey model diet;

Skylar, Zack, and Abby on the WEB

Jane Anderson's Raw Learning Site

Raw Fed Dogs

*I personally recently switched my dog to a raw prey model diet, and am already more than satisfied with the results!!! This would be the best diet for you to feed your beautiful dog! Good Luck!:smile:

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, I'm a lot like you. When I was about ten, i would go to the library and spend hours reading dog encyclopedias rather than Nancy Drew or Babysitters Club. I'm a huge dog food nerd and I've also learned that PMR is the way to go. You'd be amazed how easy it is once you get started.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Seems like we are all of like mind here LOL

And all young, crazy, people with too many animals....umm....not gonna name any names...cough... :eek:

Welcome to the forum :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Hi! Welcome! I also have a GSD that is on the smallish side! Yours is beautiful, BTW.

We're probably of a like mind about lurking. I have been a member here for almost a year, but have rarely posted. Even though I'm here just about every day... I think it's because this is a great community and all of the good questions have already been asked! :biggrin: And there are pleanty of experts here to help point people in the right direction.

Good luck and happy lurking!

Richelle

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi and welcome to thte forum!
What a beautiful GSD! She looks great!
You will learn alot and have fun here!:smile:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Seems like we are all of like mind here LOL

And all young, crazy, people with too many animals....umm....not gonna name any names...cough... :eek:

Welcome to the forum :biggrin:
Awww I am in the middle age crowd here! Ha! I have too many animals so I fit in there!!! Well crazy even at my age yes I am that haha! But not young, in the Middle (but young at heart) hahahahaha! :biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts