1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I know there are a few people here that feed The Honest Kitchen. Just noticed that Dog Food | Cat Food | Bird Food | HeartyPet.com has free shipping on all Honest Kitchen products.

ETA: coupon code: HONEST

Love the food.

No clue how anyone could afford it on a regular basis.

And this comes from someone feeding Acana and Orijen every day.

Possibly the highest priced food on the market.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I use it as an addition to my rmb diet. I can actually buy it cheaper than I can Orijen (which I feed by the ton) before their price increase and failure to honor there "Breeders" program.

What are you guys paying for Orijen and what are you paying for HK?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Doc,

I pay right around $2/lb for Orijen...a bit less for Acana.

The Honest Kitchen prices I've seen are off the planet high...$5-$7/lb.

I'm all for paying more for quality but this is a bit outrageous. Admittedly, I haven't checked too many online sites for pricing. Maybe there are some cheaper outlets.

I'd love to try the food but someone will have to point me to some affordable outlets.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Doc,

I pay right around $2/lb for Orijen...a bit less for Acana.

The Honest Kitchen prices I've seen are off the planet high...$5-$7/lb.

I'm all for paying more for quality but this is a bit outrageous. Admittedly, I haven't checked too many online sites for pricing. Maybe there are some cheaper outlets.

I'd love to try the food but someone will have to point me to some affordable outlets.
That seems really high - are you look at dehyrdated or rehydrated prices?

Verve (beef) is one of their mid-priced foods. It's $30.50 for 4lbs or $56.50 for 10lbs. But the rehydrated weight is 4x the dry weight, making it $30.50 for 16lbs ($1.90/lb) or $56.50 for 40lbs ($1.41/lb)

The most expensive HK food is Embark, it works out to $1.90lb at the 10lb box price.

It's not my favorite food, but I don't think the price is out of line.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Love the food.

No clue how anyone could afford it on a regular basis.

And this comes from someone feeding Acana and Orijen every day.

Possibly the highest priced food on the market.

My dogs love honest kitchen.

I think the highest priced food on the market is Canine Caviar Venison Split Pea. Yikes!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts