Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Years ago I came home to find my GSD dog had turned red. His belly was red, the insides of his back legs were red, his upper leg pits were red and I mean red, red like a tomato. Looking closer his ears were red, around his nose was red, even between his toes were red. I totally panic'd and freaked out, I thought some UFO had landed and zapped my BIG BEAUTIFUL 125 pound GSD. Never have I ever seen anything like it, not to any animal or any person. So I took him to the emergency vet in a total nervious freaked out state of mind. The vet looks at him and says he has fleas, I said that can't be, he has a flea collar and I powder him regularly. Now remember I am freaking out and the vet say, yes and you have done a pretty good job(I am thinking what the ?), but the problem is he is allergic to them. He gave him a shot and two days later he was his old color again. LOL,, fleas, I hate those little buggers.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Good thing you took him in! I would have not guessed fleas ! I would have thought food reaction an allergic reaction to something!! Wow thats sad though that he had the infestation! I use Vectra 3D and have not had fleas . Good luck with the cutie!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I guess I just wasnt understanding then what you wrote. He didnt have fleas, but hes allergic to fleas! Ok! I'm still confused a bit! Glad to find that you figured out what happened and that its all over with. :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts