Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
China and Mako were in the back yard, which we have fenced in for them. They noticed the neighbor in their yard next door and China started barking at her. Someone walking down the street heard China barking. She came to my door and I invited her in. She immediately started yelling at me! Telling me that she 'could hear my dog across the street!' and that she sounds so aggressive and I should NOT have a dog like that, especially with little children in the house *(pointing to my kids)*. I almost went off the deep end. However, I said, "Excuse me." I went to the back door, hooked up China's leash and led her to this lady. I swear she almost crapped her pants. China sat next to me without any command, smiled, then turned away. I praised her, and turned to this rude being standing before me. "If she is so aggressive, then what the HE** are you still doing in my house???" I told her to leave and never come back.

Seriously...What is it with some people?

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
WOW that is so rude! I'm so glad your dog doesn't perpetuate stereotypes but almost wish she had on that lady!

·
Registered
257 Posts
When I was young my mom used to raise Dobermans, we always had a house full of dogs. She heard rude comments like that all the time. One lady said my mother was bad because the dogs were going to kill us kids while we were sleeping!

Obviously she was wrong, my sisters and I survived a childhood with the non-killer Dobermans!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Been there too

It happens a lot to me because I have a wolf look-a-like (wily) and a black germ shep (Rocky). I have had people get out of line at petsmart because rocky scared them. it never gets any easier...you just have to learn to ignore it. People don't understand the breed so they stereotype. It makes me angry sometimes but that is why education is so important. Keep showing people your dogs are wonderful and maybe you'll be the person that brings them around. Good luck!

-Jenn-

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I was young my mom used to raise Dobermans, we always had a house full of dogs. She heard rude comments like that all the time. One lady said my mother was bad because the dogs were going to kill us kids while we were sleeping!

Obviously she was wrong, my sisters and I survived a childhood with the non-killer Dobermans!
That made me chuckle! "Non-killer Dobermans!" That's right. My kids love my dogs and so do we. I wouldn't trade them for the world.

·
Registered
60 Posts
some people are ridiculous. my tiny 10 pound shih tzu's best friend is a 60 pound female pit bull. she even lays on the floor baring her belly so he can jump all over her and kiss her face.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Way too many people have misconceptions about dogs...but I guess its expected since people are the ones that made certain dog breeds look bad. Poor pups. I'm glad your dog showed her...hopefully she left feeling dumb.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Apparently there's a woman in Reno who wants to start an anti-pit bull group and call it the Coward Coalition or some bs like that because she believes that all people who own pit bulls are cowards because they need to have some big, killer dog to protect them. I hope this lady gets mugged and a random pit bull passing by saves her life. That'll teach her!

·
Registered
333 Posts
lets not even get started on peoples misconception about pitbulls haha. we've been there before rann. =)

i looooooooooove pitbulls...they're gorgeous and super fun

·
Registered
60 Posts
coward coalition...that's hilarious. a lot of people still don't get that it's how a dog is raised that affects their personalities. i watched a special on michael vicks pits that were rescued. i swear i kept bursting into tears every few minutes.

·
Registered
333 Posts
omg i had to turn it off! or i may have gone to the prison and shot michael vick myself.

i can't even watch the aspca infomercials on tv. im such an emotional wreck when it comes to animals...all animals, i can't even watch the discovery channel. sad as it may sound...i think i may care more about animals than people. >.<

·
Registered
357 Posts
LOL I think that I too care more about animals then people! One person may be smart, but people seem to be dumb!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Apparently there's a woman in Reno who wants to start an anti-pit bull group and call it the Coward Coalition or some bs like that because she believes that all people who own pit bulls are cowards because they need to have some big, killer dog to protect them. I hope this lady gets mugged and a random pit bull passing by saves her life. That'll teach her!
Uh oh, what if she showed up at my house and found out that all my big mean looking dogs are the cowards??? What if my Anatolian/Chow/Akita mix let her in my house and snuggled all over her and licked her face? Then my Pit Bull mix might come over and try to climb in her lap. Oh the horror!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
So Many Rude People

I agree. There are so many rude people out there who don't like pets. I found this debating site the other day where they have experts in various fields debating all sorts of subjects. As I recall, one of their experts doesn't think we even should be allowed to keep pets. I'm going to look for it and will get back to you when I find it

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not allowed to keep pets??? That's outrageous! I wouldn't give up my pets for the world if some politician/expert moron came to my house and ordered me to give them up, I'd slap them then sick my cat on them.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Or my GSD would be wagging his tail happily, while my JRT might be growling!:tongue:
No one dared go in my grandparents house, they had a little horrid Chihuahua who attacked the legs of everyone who walked in the door. My grandparents actually thought it was cute when the dog snarled and showed it's teeth to people. That was the nastiest little dog I ever had the displeasure of dealing with in my entire life.

While our friends were afraid of my mom's Dobermans, it was the little Chi that bit people. Since it only left little teeth marks in the skin, it wasn't considered "dangerous".

·
Registered
357 Posts
Little teeth marks in the skin are all well and good, I was bit by a toy poodle on my bicep and still have the scar today, and I am a Grammy now, and it happened when I was a teen!

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I met this poor old man in PetsMart who had a maltese mix puppy that had bitten him and his arm was all bandaged and horrid looking from it. But don't worry, it's not a pit bull so it wasn't dangerous!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Little Dogs!

I don't know why little dogs always seem to be a lot more aggressive, this thread is funny. I have been bit 3 times by dogs, well 1 dog, and it was a little Chihuahua, it was a little mean man eating dog. I think maybe little dogs have something to prove, that's why they are more aggressive, then again it could just be the owners.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts