Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! I decided to start a new post to brag about the early results. I can't believe the difference in my puppies' coats and teeth. It's not even a week and their coats are shinier and softer. Today I saw both puppies' coats in the sun. They glimmered... wow... so beautiful. As Bailey walked along side me while I mowed a patch of grass, I saw his beautiful coat. It was stunning, all the colors and the shine.

Barnum's teeth are whiter. They were fairly white as is. Bailey's teeth had started to look yellow before this diet. Now, they are white. Can't wait until they are as white as Barnum's again.

I look forward to seeing more changes in their coats and teeth.

Another curious thing I've noticed is higher contentment. After they eat, both puppies naturally want to rest. And when they do so, their faces show a look contentment. They are more relaxed and at ease.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Isn't raw feeding a miracle worker? It's incredible the changes you see so soon after switching. Keep up to good work and thanks for sharing your success with us! There is a "success stories" thread in the raw feeding section that you should write your story for once you've made the switch completely :wink:

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
i am as astounded as you are....and my bank account is also amazed, since my vet actually recommended we CANCEL their teeth cleaning this year.

Because of all the blood work they needed prior to starting raw, what with giardia and eye surgery and baseline panels, they've had blood draws since starting raw...their numbers are so level now...so much more so...

bubba the pug had mild placque when we got him. his teeth are perfectly white and he is the one who needs braces...

malia is ten years old...two years ago, she lost a tooth to a cavity that dismayed even the vet, it was so deep and large.

now, her teeth are so clean....we are talking within a period of four months for both dogs.....

also like you, i cannot believe how silky malia is...bubba's hair is coarser but now it's smooth....

i have heard that hair colour can change if they don't get enough copper....which, i believe is in organs..is that true?

they just started on chicken livers....and will be progressing...

bubba is not as black as he was.....my sister came over last night and commented on the fact that he looked browner...i see him every day, so i can't tell...

but if that's true about copper and colour pigmentation, then it's good we are starting organs now.

·
Registered
718 Posts
This is a perfect example of something I've stated in other threads to those who don't feed raw and never have, yet bash it endlessly.

It's these subtle changes in a raw fed dog, which present themselves over time - some sooner than later, that you have to actually see to understand. You can't possibly form a valid opinion on this diet until you've seen what it can do for your dog with your own eyes because there is no study or scientific paper that can describe it.

Congratulations 3RingCircus! Welcome to the wonderful world of raw meaty bones. :biggrin:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Pretty soon you will start keying into the differences between raw and kibble fed dogs in others.

Our neighbors behind us have a lab and a scottie that are fed poor quality kibble. Their yard is full of HUGE poop land mines. The dogs are overweight with greasy coats, eye boogers, etc. The owners don't see a problem at all. I look at those dogs and just imagine the differences that could happen if they were switched to raw.

Take a walk through petsmart or other place where there are lots of dogs. It won't take long before you will SEE the difference between the kibble fed dogs and the ones fed better diets. Your eye will start picking them out. ;)

The difference is clear. And it is astounding.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
This is a perfect example of something I've stated in other threads to those who don't feed raw and never have, yet bash it endlessly.

It's these subtle changes in a raw fed dog, which present themselves over time - some sooner than later, that you have to actually see to understand. You can't possibly form a valid opinion on this diet until you've seen what it can do for your dog with your own eyes because there is no study or scientific paper that can describe it.

Congratulations 3RingCircus! Welcome to the wonderful world of raw meaty bones. :biggrin:
I use to poo-poo raw diets until I saw Bailey's uncle in November 2008. That changed my attitude real quick. His coat was shiny, glistening in the sun. The softness... wow. I touched him and couldn't believe the difference between his great coat and the father/mother coats. Stunning.

I got similar results with EVO until they changed their formula and we got attacked by gas. :eek: But it wasn't the best.

That is one thing I've noticed from my puppies, absolutely no gas! Wow. Everyone's always told me it's inevitable, Leos fart. Now I know that's not true.

And I've already noticed my wet dogs don't smell so bad any more. That is a relief because Leos love playing in the pouring rain. And it's been doing that quite a bit these days. :biggrin:

Reactions: jdatwood
1 - 7 of 7 Posts