Dog Food Chat banner

Suwanee Joe - new rescue that could use help!

3K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  EnglishBullTerriers 
#1 ·
ChipIn: suwannee joe

I have added the chipin fund link for Suwanee Joe. He is an older male that has heartworms and will need a bunch of love and work to get all better. You will find a discription of him on the chipin link.
I was the one who went down and picked him up. He is at a foster home right now getting ready to start some of his treatments. Please see what you can do to help!
Thanks Guys!

Discussion starter · #4 ·
EBT, do you guys not have a AKC bull terrier club? Our club does all the rescues in our area WA/OR, and we charge a fee for adoptions, thus medical bills spay/neuters etc. Just curious what your circumstances are.
Yes, we are an AKC club and rescue, but extra funding for big medical expences is always helpful. Money doesn't grow on trees unfortunately and things in life aren't always free or just given, so we try to find what help we can where we can. We charge a $350 adoption fee that also helps. Plus, the money we get always goes strait into the dogs that come through and we are getting a LOT of them from FL lately! Heartworm treatments aren't cheap and vet clinics will only reduce the fees so much for us before they start losing money too. We do not get paid anything for what we do. Everything that we do is volunteer work and out of pocket expences that we never expect to get back. Our pay is the satisfaction in knowing that another dog is going to live a great life with the best people that we can find out there. :) Thanks for asking!
Help is still needed, wether it is for these guys, or your local shelter/rescue group. There are a ton of people out there that are losing their jobs and the first thing that they get rid of is the dog! :( Have a great day! And thanks!

Discussion starter · #5 ·
R.I.P. Suwanee Joe!

Just to update.
Suwanee Joe had to be PTS on Thursday night. :( He had heartworms so bad that he was having heart problems to the point that it wasn't beating properly and he would have had to have surgery. That wasn't even a guarentee that he would make it because of how bad his heart was. :frown:
Thank you for everything. :)

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Very true. I was horrified at the condition that I picked him up in and the condition of the 'shelter' that I picked him up from. The 'shelter' only gets $10,000 a YEAR! So the place wasn't fancy. But on top of all of that, it was dirty and everyting was covered in poop from dogs, cats, and birds that were kept in the same area. I nearly threw up just from getting out of my car from the smell!! I really felt bad for that dog. I pretty much knew he wouldn't make it when I saw him up close. But we had to give it a try and see if we could help in any way!! Unfortunately, He was too far gone by the time we got to him. :(
However, We have all of the foster dogs that we have right now finishing up the last parts of medical stuff and then they will all be going to their forever homes! :) Woohoo!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.