Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

I finally got some meat for my two dogs this morning, I got 10 pounds of free chicken backs and necks from a local farmer who pasture raises! I figured it will be easier to portion everything into quarter pound meals so I can just pull a piece of meat out and have my two meals ready. I was outside portioning and I stepped in for a few seconds to grab something and I walked out and my dog had a chicken back hanging in his mouth! I was honestly a little scared that he might not know he was allowed to eat it since he's been on kibble (vegetarian kibble in fact for a year! bleh!) but I think he knew what to do hehe.
Anyways, I have 10 pounds of chicken which is 10 days of food and plan on going out and buying some leg quarters and I have some turkey necks and backs in the freezer too! I wanted to let everybody know that I will keep updating my dog's journey and I will post videos on youtube and share!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome aboard! Your dog will love you for the switch! And awesome score on the free chicken backs. :smile:

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Nice score!!

Can't wait to see and hear about your progress!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Guess your dog knows what he likes already! Looking forward to hearing/sharing your adventure. We're just shy of a week into feeding raw (chicken backs and leg quarters) and it's been great. Watching Bailey actually enjoy and crunch her food vs. inhaling it is so wonderful. Have fun!

Awesome score on the food, too! Talk about a great start to feeding raw. :smile:

Amy J-K

1 - 4 of 4 Posts